The Deal is Now Sealed

Start from the beginning

"No, but what's the point? The fish are going to die soon anyway when they clear out all the animals here to make this pond a place for nobles to visit."

"So you'd rather I eat the cake?"

"Well, that seems more reasonable than wasting it on animals yes."

"But," you muttered as you used your fork to cut off the largest piece from the cake yet and throw it farther into the pond, "am I not going to die eventually as well? Isn't it the same thing if I eat it myself, although I am full, or giving it to another living creature? Aren't they the same as me in that sense?"

After watching the fish swarm around the piece of cake for a minute, he finally responded. "Oh, so you're one of those people."

"Am I?" This whole thing was an act of bravery on your part to try and hide how terrified you were. Even if he verbally beat you down, you were never going to beg for forgiveness. Now if only he buys it...

"Tch, don't start with that nonsense," Dio mumbled.

Your fork was used again, taking another piece of the cake. You asked, "How do you know that I'm not doing all this on purpose to agitate you?". You brought up the cake not to your lips, but held it towards the person sitting next to you. He took one glance at it, scoffed, and knocked the fork out of your hand bitterly.

"Because that would be stupid, and the girl who proposed this deal, who played chess against me and put up a good fight isn't stupid. Definitely foolish, but not stupid. If she lost to me, I know that she'd be smart enough to realize that she should be doing anything to gain my favor."

You choose to pick up the thrown fork from the ground first before responding. Along with the fact that it got dirty, the tip of the fork also dipped into the lake water, so as you sat back onto the bench you put the plate beside you and didn't touch the cake anymore.
"But you went easy on me, I could feel it in every move you made."

"I had to put on a little show for our classmates, didn't it?" he answered back way too egotistically. "Or would you have preferred that I embarrassed you in front of everyone by making you lose immediately?"

"Okay, I get it. I'm tired of all this small talk so just save me the suspense and tell me Dio, what is your condition for winning?" After finally catching his eye, you saw his mischievous grin.

"You'll have to give me a minute to think about it." He put on a little show of thinking long and hard about it by putting his hand to his chin and scratching it like some wise old man scratching his beard. Only after an annoyingly long wait, he said, "How about you become an influential figure among the girls and become my tool to control them?"

Compared to what you expected, this seemed completely random. Of all the possibilities this one felt like it got pulled out of thin air, but at the same time, it was too oddly specific. Confused, you said, "What? Why?" before you could hold it in.

"Simple," he explained. "I've gathered a lot of influence among the boys. You see I've decided to stop directly bothering Jonathan, so instead, I'm going to make sure that he stays friendless for the rest of his school years. I'm sure that Erina told you about my hatred for him, from her biased point of view. "

"... fine, but I still don't understand how that involves me."

"Well, I'm more than sure that you would like me avoiding having to intervene in Jonathan's love life again," it was a complete bluff, but Dio had to hide the smile that wanted to appear on his face as he watched you tense up and believe him. "And although I hold large influence among the majority of the noble's heirs, boys and girls alike, it's easier for me to control and persuade the boys. That's where you come in. You become influential among the female nobles and make sure that not a single one sets their eyes on Jonathan by spreading rumors about him. I could do it myself, but it's just easier this way."