Jailey: Romeo,Romeo (Part One)

A week ago...

"I've been thinking... I sort of want to join the school play." Hailey proclaimed with hesitation in her voice. 

I was the first to speak, "You should totally go for it!" I gave her a thumbs up as she stood in the middle of the club room, smiling. "Thanks Jake, it means a lot." She replied. The rest of the members encouraged her, yet, I felt like she wasn't quite convinced. 

"Hey, I'll join to too. If it makes you feel better about it, I'll do some painting behind set... Or something like that, I guess." I commented. 

Present...

I began to paint the wooden tree, as I heard someone call my name, "Jake!" I turned around, facing Hailey.

"Ms. Cooper wants to see you. Something about playing a role in the school play..." She said as her voice wandered.

I was happy about this, because I knew exactly what happened to Taylor, the guy playing the lead, Romeo, in the school play. I made my best effort in containing my chuckles in.

I remember I made him slip on Henry's lettuce juice, in my defense he said he'd beat me up if I got close to Hailey. It's only fair. And plus, I had a crush on her first. 

As I walked up to Ms. Cooper, Taylor glared at me from a far. I stuck my tongue out at him, and continued walking.