Hungry at 4AM

*Artwork is not mine*

3rd pov]

You were sleeping ever so quietly in your house. You were peaceful that specific night. You were never really peaceful when you slept. This was a sign.

Your stomach growled loudly, disrupting the quiet in the house. You awoke in your bed with that empty feeling in your stomach.

You rubbed your eyes to adjust to your room. You never woke up like this in the middle of the night. Maybe you shouldn't have went to bed starving.

You tiptoed out of bed to your kitchen, careful to not wake your dad. He didn't have his own room, so instead of sleeping in the living room, he slept in the bathtub. You never understood that, but you knew that if you woke him up, it would be over for you.

You opened the fridge to see what was there. Nothing but soda and a few bucks.

That's when the idea hit you. You would travel to the convenience store that was conveniently placed near your home. It wasn't a long walk, so you went for it.

You shut the door silently and walked along the sidewalk. You were fidgeting with your fingers in the pocket of your hoodie. You weren't keen on going here, of course. You just needed any type of fuel you could get to be able to sleep peacefully once more.

Walking up to the door of the building, you looked through the windows. There was a shelf knocked over, and the place looked empty.

You also noticed a guy sitting in the shop with his head resting on the counter. He had blonde hair, and was wearing a green shirt, blue pants, and a visor.

'He looks dead, is he dead?' You thought to yourself. He was so stiff and wasn't moving. You started to regret your decisions of coming to the store. Hunger got the best of you, and you headed inside.

The boy looked you up and down with an unreadable expression on his face.

"Place an item down and talk to me to purchase.." [sorry I dont remember the exact words] he sighed. He looked so worn out.

You nodded, walking to the back of the store. The place was very empty, and things were carelessly placed.

A few notes caught your eye. 'We don't sell the orange juice and toothpaste together anymore.. Huh.' You thought to yourself. What idiot would use the orange juice and toothpaste at the same time?

You walked to the front of the store placing an egg on the counter. A single egg.

The cashier looked up at you with the same unreadable look. He flashed you a smile for a few seconds then went back to the plain face. The smile, however, didn't look genuine.

After he scanned your item, you gave him the money. Turning around to leave, you looked at the cashier again, soaking in little details, like his name tag.

His name was Cashier. Such an odd name for someone who looks so extraordinary, right?

You sat outside the convenience store and looked at your egg. It wasn't anything special. Just an average egg.

After being in the store you were no longer hungry. You didn't know why but you didn't want to take the egg home.

You looked around your surroundings and saw a car in the lot. You looked down at the egg and back up at the car.

You wanted to get the cashier out of your head so you threw the egg. Maybe that would help calm your nerves about the mysterious guy.

"WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO MY CAR!?"

Hehehe.
Not too much effort was put into this as you can probably tell
Thanks
<3
Word count:627