Chapter 10: Everything Messed Up

Start from the beginning

"Pfft- you called me in this nasty place only for this?"

"Yes, my lord, did I offend you in any way?"

"No, it's a joke to me but I'll grant your wishes" I heard a snicker. After some more silence he again spoke,

"Do you not wish to see me now that you worked so hard for this?"

"I can't bear to offend you"

"You're smart!" He laughed, the candle beside me fell on my lap, settings fire to my gown.

"Ahhh!" I shouted, throwing the candle aside and looking up.

Shit!

What did I do?

I messed up.

In front of me standing the transparent creature... yes, creature. It's too hard to be called a human figure, my hands trembled as I moved backwards.

What will I do now?

"N-Now that you've granted my wish, you can go back" I said

"What's the hurry?"

Another laugher was heard as the figure vanished, the wind started blowing, but all the windows were closed. The Sigil flew away, I tried to catch it but too afriad to make a move. Everything was going in a rush, I could bearly move, the wind was too fast, everything is falling apart.

This continued for some minutes as I sat down with hands on my head. Suddenly it turned completely silent.

I looked up, there was nothing but the candle and sigil but scattered.

Where's Furcas?

Is he gone?

I don't think so, I failed to send him back but it wasn't my fault, I couldn't believe I fell for his tricks.

Suddenly a loud thud was heard.

"AHHHHHH!" I shouted and sat down again.

"Grace! Why are you screaming?? Is everything okay?" It was Alex's voice, he is banging the door.

I quickly opened the door with eyes filled with tears.

"A-Alex..."

"Grace?" He looked at me with shock and hugged me "Are you okay? Thank God you're fine, what happened?"

"I-I messed up" I sobbed "I couldn't send him back, he will kill me now- Alex, please save me- please"

"Hey hey, calm down. Nothing will happen to you, sit down and tell me what happened" he said

"Not in this room, please. Let's go down, I'm scared" I cried as he pat my back and took me downstairs.

I had some water and then told him everything. He was shocked, worried, afraid but calmed down within a second.

"Listen, it's true that he is still here but don't worry, leave it to me, I'll find a way" he said

"Won't it risk your life?" I asked

"Trust me, I'll be just fine and I prefer you to be careful and give the exams" he said as I nodded.

"I'll be going then"

"Fine, take care and don't come tomorrow, let's meet after you give your exams" he said.

"Okay...." I said and left the house.

I reached my hostel and fell on the bed. Damn, I'm an idiot! I risked my life as well as his and how am I supposed to spend my days with a Devil roaming around me?

"Welcome back, you seems stressed?" Mia asked me

"Uh yeah, it was a rough day. Where's Daisy?"

"Don't know, it's been long since she went out to buy some bread but haven't return"

"Is that so? I'm heading out to check then" I said and wore my jacket.

"But you just came from outside, don't you think you should take rest?" She asked.

"Yeah but, you know, well, I feel that I'll be slightly relieved to see her face" I nervously smiled as she grinned. On no! Don't start with the crush thing!

Honestly, Daisy is beauty! I still don't understand why she likes me and what she likes about me but yeah, it doesn't make me uncomfortable rather it's somewhat gives me warmth.

I closed the door and headed outside. There were crowds of people, rushing here and there.

"Uh, what happened?" I asked an elder person.

"Accident.

A college girl got crushed by a truck".

* * *