Introverted teammate, Part 2 - Help? (Natasha)

Start from the beginning

Two seconds. Two seconds was all you needed. Two seconds of confidence to knock on the door and then deal with the repercussions afterwards. So you took another deep breath, found your two seconds and forced yourself to bring your hand up to the door. Two strong, short knocks filled the silence of the hallway followed by ten seconds of silence. You began to feel stupid, maybe she was asleep, or maybe she wasnt even home. The thought never occurred to you that she wouldn't be home, but maybe she wasn't. You turned to leave disappointed until the door handle began to turn.

You lifted your head with sudden relief and your eyes met with hers. The door was only open enough to fit her body, no wiggle room on the sides so you couldn't see in. You froze like an antelope in headlights. Staring into her eyes, you completely forgot why you were even there in the first place.

"Hi", Abruptly passed your lips as you came to your senses and tried to ease the awkward silence. Sensing your flustered state, Natasha smirked a little and softly replied, "Hi". Silence swallowed you again and you felt your cheeks blush. Your heart rate sped up as you began to feel embarrassed for actually going through with this stupid plan.

Looking back down at your hands you began to apologize, "I-Im Im sorry, I know its, its late...". Slightly rambling, you apologize. Your hands were wet with sweat as you looked at the floor and returned to biting the side of your cheek. "No, no it's okay. I actually, I thought it would be you, that's the only reason I opened the door." She reassured you, slightly chuckling at the end. "Umm... What's up?". She asked cautiously. Not being able to talk again, in fear of anxiety riddling your voice, you lifted both boxes of hair dye next to your head, and sheepishly lifted your head with your brows furrowed to meet with hers. "Help?". You said hopefully, squinting your eyes.

To your surprise, instead of interrogating you, a smile crept on her face and she opened the door all the way, allowing you enough space to enter her room.

You paused for a moment, surprised before your face visibly relaxed. You couldn't stop the smile that crept onto your face.

Once you stepped into her room, you took a moment to view your surroundings. Although she spent most of her time in her room, it was clean and organized. Her bed was made nicely, her clothes neatly folded on the end of her bed. It was clear that she had been doing her laundry right before you had walked in. Her room was decorated simply with dark tones. Her bed was grey along with her curtains and carpet, while her desk, dresser, and nightstand were all black. Simple and crisp, it suited her.

It wasn't what you saw that made you think to yourself, it was what you didn't. Her nightstand was bare. With only a quick glance you saw a glass of water, her phone, and an alarm clock. Then you looked towards her desk. Her computer, some paperwork, and some pencils. Again on her dresser. A chapstick, a small pile of hair ties, and her gym bag.

Nowhere in her room did you find any sort of momentos. Not one picture flooded her desk, no old birthday cards laying useless somewhere, not even any dinky decorations.

Was it that this was just her style, or that she didn't have any photos with any loved ones to frame. No stupid drawings to hang up. No dinky decorations.

Despite the sad realization you remembered why you were there. While she closed the door behind you, you looked down at the dye in your hands again before turning on your heels to face her. Holding both the colors by your head, you gave her a questioning look squinting your eyes. "What do you think?". She furrowed her eyebrows, crossed her arms, and tilted her head back. Tilting her head to the side and squinting her eyes, she came to a conclusion. "Blonde. Definitely blonde." She said with confidence. You raised one eyebrow and almost laughed at how confident she was. Smiling and holding back a laugh you responded. "Really?". Then looking back down at the dye, you nodded your head, "I completely agree", you said before smiling and looking back up to meet your eyes.