"Uh... Are you okay, Zac?" Orochi asked.

Zac started to tremble and grit his teeth. Akira put down his water bottle and watched Zac in shock. "He doesn't look okay....—"

"I'm not okay, alright?!" Zac bursted. The usually-outgoing celebrity now looked agitated, his panting coming out in furious breaths. "You know how much my fame means to me?! Everything! And now my fans are turning away from me thanks to that Count Nightfell, who got me shot—who got me in the hospital—who made me suffer!"

After recollecting himself, he looked up at his friends. They had both shifted all the way to the other side of the room, with Akira hiding behind Orochi. Their faces were filled with worry—and terror.

"I've... never seen that side of you, Zac," Akira mumbled.

Zac, now in disbelief, took in a shuddering breath. "I'm sorry, that just came out of me..." he uttered. "I didn't mean any of that...!"

"Tellin' from that tone of yours..." Orochi explained, "you had a lot to let out."

Zac rubbed the back of his head. "I guess I did..." He gave Orochi a desperate look. "But still! I wouldn't think of my brother that way..."

"And it doesn't help the fact that he is being freed today—" Akira began covering his mouth afterwards. "I shouldn't have said that..." he eeped as Orochi glared at him.

"What?!" Zac cried out. "Wait... you sure it's today?! How is that possible?!"

"We may have... paid the fines??" Akira stammered sheepishly. At this, Zac let in an exaggerated gasp.

"Maybe you just should stop talking." Orochi mumbled disappointedly.

"Good idea." Akira hung his head.

"Wh-Wh-AKIRA...?!" Zac growled, glaring daggers at him.

Orochi went in front of Akira defensively. "Don't just blame him... Me and a few others also contributed to—"

"OROCHI...!" Zac snarled at him. Then his eyes widened at another realization. "Is he being released now?!"

Akira scratched the back of his head nervously. Noticing this, Zac began to sit up from his cot. "That's it, I'm going to meet him."

"But you haven't been discharged yet...!" Orochi intervened.

"So what? I can go out whenever I want!" Zac grunted, taking out any tubes that were connected to him as he stood up.

"Wait, are you really gonna run out with your hospital gown—" Orochi was about to warn, but he was already out the door. "Great."

"Uh, break a leg!" Akira called, then reconsidered. "Actually no, don't break your leg!" He groaned to himself. "Aw man, I messed up big time..."

Auguste's POV

I woke up this morning on the cold floor of my cell. I felt dizzy for some reason... Then when I sat up, I found out why.

I groggily rubbed the back of my head. It was sore, and it stung. Guess I collided with the bedside after all, I thought. Then a disturbing image popped up in my head. Oh... that's how I fell asleep.

"How's my favorite thief doing?~" an annoying familiar voice called from outside. I groaned and looked over at the steel door's window. There he was again, the mischievous former phantom thief. "I may have thought of a nice nickname for you. Why don't I call you..." He gave me a taunting grin. "Count Nightfail?"

Sharing the Skies - Beyblade Burst FanficOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara