It starts with one

Authors note:

Heyy, emerald here. This story is based on a crazy dream I had. My friend found it hilarious but that's cos he knew the people in the story =P but its different from ordinary vampire stories. Much more wacko and no Ruby is not going to get it on with Parker =P

xx

 ***************___________________________________________**************

Food tech.

If there's one thing I love about school it has to be this subject. And from life in general, I would have to say food.

My name's Ruby. It cause my mother's obsessed with the colour red. I guess it's passed on to me seeing as I love red too. I'm 17 and in my final year of high.

Can I hear a hell yes! Sure I like having friends in a place where we can meet, but I definitely want to get out of here! School was not my place.  I want to be out of here and get a job with some action. Scuba diving instructor maybe?

Class had just started. My teacher's really young. Good looking I guess. Only twenty-three or something. But I'm not that kind of girl.

Mr Parker's both a biology and food technology teacher. Right now, last period of the day we had food tech.

"So everyone's ready." He just returns to the front desk. Today we were making cookies. It was just for fun. Easy stuff.

An hour later class was over. Today I was a bit behind everyone else because I had been lending a hand to anyone that needed it. Also because I made brownies and they were more difficult to bake and I wanted a challenge.

"Need any help Ruby?"

"Umm no thanks. I think I'm good for now." Class had been finished for 10 minutes now. Stupid brownies. How long were they going to take?

I clean up and it's another 10 minutes before they are finally ready.

I get a knife and cut the brownie.

"Almost done?" Mr Parker's voice broke the silence in the room causing me to jerk a little. Well more like I jump and drop the brownies and the knife. I make an effort but end up dropping the brownies and cutting my hand on the knife. Bad.

"Ahh." I comment calmly. Sure I was gushing out blood but it didn't hurt too much. I guess it was too deep. That meant more damage. "Can I get a...." I look up to see Mr Parker sway.

"Oh man, are u afraid of blood? I'm so sor..." then he bit me. Right on my bleeding hand. His iron grip wasn't really necessary as I was so shocked I guess I'm stunned. It didn't really hurt but I felt the blood being drained out of me as if I was having a needle suck it out.

A couple of seconds later it really starts taking a toll on me.

"Let me go!" I kicked him in the shins. I turn to grab something. I see the knife too far away. I must have kicked it. So I draw back my fist and punch him in the face. But I guess I've already lost a lot of blood so it's a weak blow. I feel my heart finding it difficult to pump. Oh my god, I'm dying.

I notice that Parker's hair is a reddish colour and all of its sticking up. But it's so blurred I can't really tell. As a final attempt to get away I kick him in the balls. I put the last of my energy into it. I fall forwards into him. I guess my body in his face finally has him pulling back.

Too late...

I see him mouthing stuff but I can't hear anything. I allow blackness to take over me.