“I'm sorry, Isabella but I knew I had to get them for you. No one else could ever do them justice and I was right.” Stefan eyed the necklace and ran a finger on the jewels.

Isabella pursed her lips. She felt the heat of his fingers radiating onto her skin and cleared her throat. “I will forgive you this one time.”

Stefan grinned. “Thanks.”

Isabella breathed in and asked. “Isn't Liam coming today? He is, after all, part of the partnership?”

“He didn't tell you?” Stefan frowned as he sipped his drink. “He's having a business dinner with a potential client. He called me several hours ago to tell me.”

Isabella felt her heart drown in its own liquids. “Oh.”

So much for dressing up for him! Who was she kidding? Did she expect that just after a short session with him in his office they were officially dating? She knew Audrey and him were officially over but that didn't mean he was suddenly turning to her! Business dinner my foot! How many times did she hear that excuse being used between the businessmen who went out in search of new play toys?

She remembered how they parted in the elevator. He was concerned that people were attacking her because of him which meant the only way he was going to try and protect her from it was to try and push her away. Isabella was done being pushed away only to be pulled back when he felt like it!

“Anyway, come—I want you meet someone.” Stefan took her hand and placed it on the crook of his then bee-lined his way through the crowd towards the mysterious black haired woman Isabella noticed talking to him earlier...

Liam looked down at the document the woman in front of him handed him and all he could think about was hurting someone! Isabella didn't deserve this. She didn't deserve having her name tarnished because of his scandalous past. Back then, it didn't matter to him what had happened back then because he didn't think he had anything to lose but now that she was in his life and she was in love with him, he discovered he had so much to lose more than ever.

He wasn't a man to believe in ghosts but the heaviness he felt on his shoulders was as if Thomas Stanford leaned on him waiting to see what decisions he was going to make.

“You never had ex-girlfriends who would want to take revenge on you in the past...what wrong move did you do this time to make Audrey this mad?” Christy corked her eyebrow at him.

Liam ground his teeth. “Has this already reached the tabloids?”

Christy sighed tiredly. “I don't know. I don't know how to make this go away, Liam. Tell me what to do.”

Liam placed the folder on the table in front of him and took his glass of whiskey. “I'll take care of this by myself. There are people in this world that need to be reminded on who to Tango with and who not to.”

“I don't like that look, Liam. What do you plan to do?” Christy sat up from her chair, her eyes dark with concern.

She had every right to be concerned because he planned to make sure Audrey wasn't going to bother Isabella again. He looked forward to seeing her that evening. Now he knew she dressed up for him and he looked forward to seeing what she came up with that evening. If Christy didn't sound so urgent on the phone then he would have simply ignored her and gone to the dinner.

He wondered if she looked for him the moment she arrived at the dinner. He wondered who she was chatting with at that moment and if it was another man trying to flirt with her. The thought made his body tremble with anger. He needed to go and make sure she was okay.