𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

Start from the beginning

"What happened between them?" Nanami then asks Yuuji.

Itadori looks to me for reassurance that he should continue. I nod, anxiously awaiting his answer. "He told her that they were related..."

Goddammit, I yell to myself, she's probably so confused. This is the worst possible time for her to be in Kyoto. Grandpa's going to fill her head with nothing but lies.

"She said that she was going to ask you if it was true, but I don't think she had time before she left," Itadori finishes.

I stand up and thank Itadori for telling me about Y/N's situation. I then walk past the two of them and place my magazine down on my desk.

"I'm going to Kyoto."

"What?!" Nanami exclaims, already against my decision.

"I'm getting Y/N back. I can't leave her there."

"G-Gojo!" Miwa's voice squeaks as I approach the front entrance of the school

I proceed to walk straight past her, knowing she won't do much to stop me herself.

"Go get your grandpa," I tell her just as I reach the door. "I won't be waiting."

Miwa nods and wind whips past me as she runs through the school. I don't waste much time either as I make my way to the basement door. Just as my fingers touch the doorknob, Gakuganji's cane smacks down hard right above my hand. I smile at him since I was one step ahead, my Infinity blocking him from direct contact.

"It is not yours to take Gojo Satoru," the old man reminds me.

"I disagree," I hum. "She belongs to me."

"It belongs to you when it is in Tokyo, not here. Right now it's mine."

"What's wrong with you, grandpa," I scoff. "Do you not even see her as a human?"

"It is not a human!" his voice booms through the hall. "It should not be treated like one! Besides, I don't remember hearing you treat it like it's more than a tool anyway."

"Hm," I think aloud, "I don't think that's entirely fair. I consider her to be my student as well."

Gakuganji scoffs at my comment. "It seems as though there's more to it than that for you to have come to all this trouble for a student. Perhaps you shouldn't be thinking of her that way."

"You're right," I nod, "but her official title is my assistant and I've got a kink for people who work under me so it should be okay."

Hearing this, the old principal is caught off guard. I'm able to push his cane away from its spot between me and the door. I quickly go to open it, only to find out that it's locked.

"If you go in there, the next time I get it back it won't be leaving," he snaps.

"Okay," I shrug as I snatch the key ring from his pocket, "there won't be a 'next time' anyway."

Turning away from Gakuganji, I unlock the door and burst the door open. I take my time walking down the stairs, savoring this tiny victory for a moment as I go along.

When I get down to the bottom, I hear the sound of bare feet running. Through a small window in a door, I see Y/N peering at me. Her eyes widen right away, looking as though they're about to let out a flood of tears.

"Gojo?" she hums in disbelief, "Am I dreaming?"

"No," I reply, "because if you were, this would end up as a wet dream."

"Damn," she shakes her head, eyes narrowing in a way that looks almost cute, "it really is you, you asshole. I can't believe you left me here!"

"I'm sorry," I say with a smile as I hold up the ring of keys I'd stolen from the old man, "but at least I can get you out."

Y/N lights up as she watches me open the door. The second she's released, she pulls me into a hug. I can't help but let out a small grin as I wrap my arms around her. Guess I do have a soft spot for her after all.

"I'm glad you're alright," I say calmly, "now can we go?"

"Mhm," she says as she backs away from me and wipes her eyes. "I'm really sorry for leaving Tokyo."

I'm shocked that she apologized for something out of her control. It's not her fault that she was brought here or forced into a prison-like room. But what shocks me the most was my idiocy for letting her go.

 But what shocks me the most was my idiocy for letting her go