Chapter 11: Curtis Connors

8 year old Y/n POV

I was outside the apartment of one Kirk Langstrom and I knocked on his door when he opened he said, "why is a child on my doorstep?"

"Dr. Langstrom I'm sorry to intrude, but my name is Y/n Grayson."

Doctor: you're... you know it's not nice to-

I cut him off by giving him an in-depth explanation of what his man-bat formula did and what it was meant to do... things that you can't find on Wikipedia.

Doctor: but how are you...

"I like to learn things... I'm sorry to ask this doctor, but I want you to teach me about Bioengineering and Biochemistry. Please I know this is strange, but-"

Doctor: how do you know these things.

"I have a high learning aptitude... and I want to learn more who better to learn from than the former Man-Bat?"

Present day Y/n POV Gotham General

I walked into doc's room and saw him, he turned to me and said, "hello Y/n it's glad to see you had the opportunity to swing by."

"Of course I did Doc, how could I miss this?"

Kirk: It's good to see you again, by the way it's refreshing to see you on the news again...

"What?"

Kirk: I'm not an idiot, spider... I saw you move and realized you moved like robin did, but faster.

"Yeah..."

Kirk: you made a mistake didn't you?

"Yeah... and it-"

Kirk: costed you the life of someone important... I know the feeling... and Y/n I must say... in many ways you taught me what it was like to have a family. Now I want to help you once more.

"Doc I-"

Kirk: no, Y/n... I've been where you are now... the least I can do in my last days... is provide you with some guidance and a new mentor."

"New mentor?"

Kirk: I didn't tell him and that won't come into play... his name is Curtis Connors, he's an old apprentice of mine. He can help you, learn more than you know now... he works for oscorp I was able to get you a temporary internship there.

"How?"

Kirk: I may have used a few favors.

An hour later

I was in an alley waiting for my sister to show up when I heard, "Cash, now!"

I looked to my left and saw a guy with a gun and I said, "buddy, trust me you don't want this."

Thug: just shut up and-

Then he was hit in the back of the head and fell to the ground and in his place I saw... a woman in a red outfit which included a hood.

"Who the hell are you?"

???: just call me Arrowette.

She then jumped on to the fire escape and used the railings to flip on to the roof.

Huh neat.

Next day oscorp

I was walking into the building when I heard the receptionist say, "hello."

I turned to her and said, "hi I'm, uh here about the internship."

Receptionist: take the id with your name and join the group to your right.

I did so and we started the tour.

We went through the whole lab until Dr. Curtis Connors made his appearance.

Doctor Connors: Hello, my name is dr

Doctor Connors: Hello, my name is dr. Curtis Connors, I'm the world's foremost authority on herpetology, that's reptiles if you don't know. But like the Parkinson's patient who watches on in horror as their body betrays them I seek to fix my affliction and create a world without weakness... anyone care to guess how?

Some Guy: Stem cells?

Connors: promising, but I'm looking for a more radical solution, anyone else.

"If not stem cells, then it's cross species genetics am I right?"

Connors looked at me and I said, "well, Parkinson's is contracted when the brain cells that produce dopamine start to disappear, however a zebra fish can regenerate cells on command, if you can introduce that gene to the human Genome then it's fixed. Well not completely fixed because now you gotta get pass the gills on your neck."

Dr. Connors: and you are?

"The name's Y/n, Sir."

Dr. Connors: Does your last name happen to be Grayson, by any chance?

"Yes it is."

Evening The Lab

I sat down in my chair and said, "Lyla, do me a favor decrypt this radio signal and patch it through to the suit when something interesting is happening."

I put the transceiver in to the drive spot and she said, "already done."

"Good now search the city for any known Hammerhead affiliates via the municipal CCTV systems."

Lyla: already on it.

"Thanks, alert me when you find anything."

Next Day After school F.E.A.S.T.

I was moving around some boxes when mom walked up to me and said, "hey Y/n, there's a leak in the pipes and I was wondering if-"

"I can fix it yeah, just give me the tools."

After getting the tools I began fixing the pipes when I heard Martin Li, "sorry about having you do this for us."

"It's fine, besides I like to fix things."

Martin: Well that's good to hear that you're not put off by our request and efforts to save money.

I heard on the TV out there that apparently Dad and Daredevil have started to get evidence against kingpin otherwise known as Wilson Fisk.

Martin: soon...

"Soon what?"

Martin: what? Oh nothing don't mind me.

A couple hours later

I arrived at Oscorp and walked through the doors to see dr. Connors waiting. He said, "welcome Mr. Grayson... we have much to discuss."