Emmett gave him a once over, having wholly forgotten Kaneki's baggy sweatpants and t-shirt dressed form.

"It won't matter," Emmett reassured him. "It's just a music bar, and this is Port Angeles. It's like American Walmart when it comes to attire."

Kaneki didn't look convinced and just shook his head at Emmett.

"We can get you an outfit you think is suitable enough if you'd like," he suggested, glancing up and down the strip at the many clothing stores it had to offer.

"No, no. I can deal with it; I'm just silly."

Emmett hummed, choosing not to comment on his words and taking in Kaneki's posture. His arms were crossed over his chest, not in a stand-offish, closed-off way. More like he was trying to ground himself.

He led Kaneki over to one of the benches nearby, sitting him down. "Wait here, okay? I'll be right back."

Kaneki shot him a confused, questioning look, clearly wanting a further explanation, but Emmett was already gone and heading down the sidewalk. Emmett could hear Kaneki huff and the sound of him dropping back down on the bench. Then, "Don't buy me anything!"

Emmett went into the first clothing store he came across and wasn't in there long. He got a pair of gray sweat pants, ones just as baggy as Kaneki's were, and a black graphic t-shirt with a melting yellow smiley face on the front. The shoes Emmett had been wearing were fine, and the store employees had allowed him to change into the clothes he was buying and leave wearing them. He sped off to put the bag of his other clothes into his Jeep before heading back to Kaneki.

Kaneki was right where Emmett had left him, looking down at his phone and occasionally looking down the sidewalk in the direction Emmett had went. Emmett quickened his pace as much as he could when Kaneki's gaze found him. He watched the eyebrow raise up Kaneki's forehead when Emmett stopped beside the bench, immensely enjoying the eyes moving up and down his appearance.

"Now we match! So if anyone has anything to say about you, they'll have the same to say about me." Not that they wouldn't have to deal with it regardless. If they had an issue with his mate, they had an issue with him. Especially if it was over something as minuscule as the clothes he wore.

Kaneki smoothed out the shirt, looking amused but appreciative of the gesture. They went inside, Emmett talking with the host to gain admission.

The inside had a very homey feeling with various browns, deep purples, and wine reds. The decorations consist of many black and white and colorful pictures of people playing jazz instruments; most of them probably old famous musicians and singers, Kaneki assumed. The lights were a comforting dim, and music was in full swing.

It was reasonably packed, considering this was probably one of the more popular spots in Port Angeles. Emmett requested a table or booth that wasn't in the more heavily occupied areas, and thankfully the host had no issue accommodating them, asking for a couple moments to get one of the tables cleaned off.

A few minutes later, they were led to a small booth table off to the side of the main seating area and a bit further back. They still had a nice view of the stage and band, though. And there was a plexiglass barrier that gave some privacy from the other tables beside theirs.

The host set down the menus and went back to the front, and as was quickly replaced by a young waitress with aburn dyed hair. "Can I get you two anything to drink?" She asked, glancing back and forth between the attractive men, especially the one with white hair. He gave off a very ethereal vibe to her.

"Just water," Kaneki answered, clearly oblivious to the waitress's interested demeanor.

Emmett nodded at the woman. "Same."