Chapter 24- Betsy, The Regular Heifer

Jake P.O.V.

I cradled Adriana's skinny frame as I gingerly walked up the long winding stairs to her bedroom. Lucas hovered at my side, whimpering like a wounded puppy and stroking Adriana's hair as she dozed snuggled up against my chest. I swallowed my irritation with Lucas and continued to stalk forward, ignoring him.

I stooped and opened her bedroom door and walked into the warm room. Clothes littered the floor and the faint scent of coconut lime perfume clung to everything. The bouquet of roses I gave her on Valentines Day were hung and dried from the wall by her bed. I smiled at the fact she kept them.

I gently lowered her onto the bed and brushed away a stray strand of hair that had fallen out of her messy bun. As I bent over the bed to tuck her in I jumped as arms slinked around my torso and pulled me down close. I slammed out a hand to keep myself upright and barely missed Adriana's head. Her face was right next to mine and I found myself looking at her lips, which were parted slightly as she sighed in contentment and tightened her grip a tad bit.

She had just been released from the hospital, thank God. Everything checked out with her. Of course it should have, me rushing her to the most expensive best hospital in San Diego.

Lucas's constant hovering and pacing was starting to grate on my nerves as I unwound Adriana's skinny arms from my waist and stood up, finishing tucking her in. I brushed my hands off on my jeans and glared at Lucas,

"Can you please stop that pacing?"

Lucas ignored me and dropped to his knees beside Adriana's bed. He peered at her softly,

"Let me worry about her a little bit, sir."

I crossed my arms and puffed my cheeks out in irritation. What right did he have to be concerned? His dumb expensive tuxedo crinkled as he rocked on the heels of his dumb dress shoes. His dumb brown hair was spiked in a dumb style. I rolled my eyes; he was just so dumb.

Lucas chuckled when he glanced up at me, his brown eyes narrowed in amusement.

"You have no need for worry, sir."

I tapped my black Nike shoe against the plush carpet as I continued to glare at him, not believing a single word that came out of his dumb posh British mouth.

Lucas tossed his head back and laughed loudly,

"I am not interested in her in that way, sir. She is quite adorable isn't she though, no?"

I felt my back stiffen when he smiled at her with affection shining off his dumb features.

The door suddenly was thrown open and Loraine stalked in in her classic booty shorts and crop top. She held up her bright pink phone and the song Bootylicious was pouring out of the speaker.

"I don't think you're ready for this jelly!
I don't think you're ready for this jelly!"

I rolled my eyes as Lucas paled as Loraine danced wildly as she walked towards us. She clicked off the song and slid her sunglasses up her face.

"Seriously bro the tension levels were so high I wonder what they smoked."

I smacked my face, ignoring the sharp sting. I loved my sister Loraine but she was rather quirky and took after our Father more.

Loraine beamed and flung herself at Lucas,

"Lucccccciiiiii!"

Lucas blanched and blushed profusely as he tried to peel Loraine off him,

"Please get off, Loraine!"

Loraine pouted and tightened her grip,

"Usually it would be 'Please get on, Loraine' but I can let it slide, Luci."