Tina in the sky with diamonds

Start from the beginning

At her question, everyone grew silent, considering there were two prom queen nominees in the room who, they knew, really wanted the crown. Tina glared at Winnie then, as if to intimidate her somehow and, as much as Winnie had felt a little bad for winning over her during Diva week - after all, Tina's performance for that assignment, though a bit misguided had been amazing -, this was prom royalty they were talking about, Winnie's last chance at it, so she wasn't about to let it go that easily.

"Awkward..." Unique mumbled, as Winnie crossed her arms in front of her chest.

"You know what?" She said, standing up as well to look at Tina straight in the eyes as she talked. "No. I've been wanting this crown for the last three years and I've lost those three years, but now... Now this is my last real chance and I'm going for it, as much as you. So if you want it, come and get it."

***

"Sam." Winnie called, walking into the choir room as she noticed the boy sitting by himself on the piano with a guitar in hands. "I've been looking for you."

"Oh, you were?" Sam asked, kind of surprised.

"Yes." Winnie chuckled.

"Oh, yeah..." He mumbled, watching as Winnie walked up to him quietly. "You know, a lot of people say the Beatles were the, like, the best band ever, right?"

"That's right." Winnie nodded, curious as to where that conversation was headed.

"Well, what if I told you that the Beatles wrote exactly zero songs about what it feels like when you tell a girl that you don't think is hot you'll go to prom with her because you feel bad, and then you think you're gonna get nominated for Prom King and then you don't, and the not-hot girl says, I don't want to go to prom with you anymore." Sam said, causing Winnie to bite back a smile. "Would you still say they were the greatest band ever?"

"I'm gonna tell Tina you said you don't think she's hot." Winnie teased, causing Sam to widen his eyes.

"Please don't." He said, causing Winnie to laugh.

"You know, if they are the best band ever, I don't know." Winnie shrugged, reaching into her bag and pulling out two sheets of music from it as she walked up to stand in front of Sam, playing with the papers in her hands quietly. "Maybe. Cause, you know, maybe they haven't written a song for your situation, but they write one that fits mine."

"What situation?" Sam frowned.

"You know... The situation of the very hot girl that was kind of expecting a boy to ask her to the go to prom with her but then he didn't and kind of got invited by her friend instead and then he got dumped her friend and the very hot girl kind of wanted to invite him to the prom now that he was dateless again but she was kind of scared because she still thinks she has been kind of jerk to him for a while and doesn't really deserve all the attention he has been giving her."

"I... I'm kind of confused." Sam admitted, causing Winnie to roll her eyes before reaching for the guitar in Sam's hand and nod her head at him.

"Move." She said, taking a seat next to Sam once he did what she asked before taking a deep breath as she started to play. "I hope this clarifies things a little."

Winnie

If I fell in love with you

Would you promise to be true

And help me

Understand

'Cause I've been in love before

And I found that love was more

Than just

Holding hands