fifty two|secret plans

Start from the beginning

"Amaia-"

"No, Nalda. I think it's finally time for Veronica to know just exactly how Klaus Mikaelson feels for her."

Taking her hand, Amaia softly dragged Veronica over to a small table. Small bottles littered the surface, along with different herbs and flowers. Picking up the one she had just worked on, she handed the vial to the brunette with a soft smile.

"Drink this. It's a type of potion I've learned from a few witches years ago. It will show you something that has happened in the past, something you need to see."

Veronica debated on if she should drink it or not. She had just denied their orders and talked back, it could very well be poisoned. But something told Veronica that if she didn't drink soon, the elders would be even more pissed off with her.

Sending Amaia a hesitant smile, she brought the vial to her lips and tilted her head back, the liquid burning down her throat. At first, she didn't feel anything, then within seconds, her vision turned dark. As if she were forcing herself to stay awake, the more she told her brain to open her eyes, the more she could hear.

"I want her gone, Elijah."

Klaus. That was Klaus' voice.

Suddenly, she was brought into the Mikaelson compound. It was Klaus, Elijah, and Freya seated at a table. It was like she was watching a movie. She was there, but none of them could see or hear her.

"That is the mother of your child, Niklaus. Think wisely."

"No, I'm tired of her. Out of all the things I've done for her, the things we've done for her, she doesn't care. She thinks she can take my child and raise her without me? She's wrong."

"Klaus-"

"My mind is made, Freya. I'm taking my daughter and I am killing Veronica Gilbert."

Veronica's eyebrows furrowed, her mouth opening. She couldn't believe any of this. This couldn't be real.

"And how will you do this? By simply ripping her heart out?"

"It seems the most effective," Klaus shrugged, answering his brother. "Quick and easy. Perhaps she'll see that dreadful sister of hers once she's gone."

"So it's decided. You're really going to kill Veronica?" Freya asked, her jaw clenched.

"Yes. And I'll finally get my daughter back."

"And when do you plan on doing this?"

Klaus rubbed his jaw, "I'm thinking April first. Seems like a fun joke, don't you think?"

After those words, Veronica's vision faded black before bringing her back to the room she was in before. Only once she returned, she was seated in a chair instead of standing up. Leia and Nalda had seemingly left, and only Amaia was there.

"He's going to kill you, Veronica."

She couldn't help it. A lone tear slid down her cheek.

Just this morning she was drawing with Hope, thinking about how nice it felt living a somewhat normal life. Now, her death day was approaching in a week and she had no idea what to do.

She felt pathetic. Pathetic for thinking Klaus could've cared for her. I mean, just two weeks ago he had been somewhat nice when she dropped by with Evelyn and Hope. What changed?

"I know this may be a lot to take in. You trusted him, and now he plans to kill you. But you still have time. We can help you."

"You don't get it," Veronica whispered.

"You can save your life, and your daughters, by doing this. You still have time to improve."

"No," Veronica shook her head, but her words flew over Amaia's head.

"This isn't just about you. If you kill him, you're doing the whole supernatural world a favor. You'll be a hero."

"Please stop."

"You just need more practice. You can do it. You will do it."

"I'm not going to kill him!" Veronica yelled, jumping up from her seat.

Amaia raised her chin, tilting her head to the side. After a few beats, her lips twisted into a sick smile.

"Oh, Veronica. You think you love him, don't you? You think somehow in these next few days, he'll change his mind?"

The brunette rapidly shook her head, but Amaia didn't care.

"Klaus Mikaelson has a thousand years. He is a ruthless killer. A stubborn brunette with anxiety and emotional baggage won't change who he is. He was always supposed to be the bad guy. The villain. He thinks he's doing this to give your daughter a better life, but he's going to use her. He knows she's stronger than any other being, he'll use her powers and control her. She will be turned into a killer."

"He may not love me, but he loves Hope. He's done some twisted shit but he would never hurt her."

"But he'd kill you. And in turn, forcing Hope to grow up without a mother. He's hurting her already and she's still a toddler."

Veronica chewed on her cheek, then remembered the anxiety comment and stopped.

None of this could be real, right? I mean, is Klaus really going to kill her. And how are Elijah and Freya okay with this? Hundreds of questions circled through her head.

Minutes must have passed before Veronica let out a breath, sitting down in the chair she had previously shot out of.

"Tell me your plan."

So... how is everyone doing after that...

It's late and this is not edited at all so if there are any typos, ignore them :)))

Also!!!! I'm starting school next week so there may be a bunch of updates before then. Who knows. Maybe I'll get excited and finish the book.

Hypothetical stuff aside, only a few chapters left! I don't plan on making a third book, but there WILL be a two part epilogue. I can promise that!

Hope everyone is doing well, messages are always open for anyone who needs anything!

XOXO

(Another note, this was kinda short but future ones should be longer xx)