Tory plopped down on the bed. "Anything."

"Things aren't awkward between us, right?"

"Why would they be?"

"Because we had a one night stand, but I'm gay. I don't want you thinking I was using you-"

Tory shut him up. "Jamal, the only awkward part about this is the fact that the world knows what we did."

Because of him. "Yeah, I kinda fucked up by telling the reporters."

"You did, but I don't feel used. I wasn't expecting anything to happen between us afterwards because like you said, you're gay. We had sex to distract ourselves, and I know that. And it worked."

"So you don't regret it?" he wondered.

She didn't. "I don't regret it, and I'm always down to do it again if that's what you need."

Jamal snorted. "I think one time's enough. But there's one more thing. We didn't use protection, and Cookie's concerned that-"

She shut him up again. "You don't have to worry about babies, Jamal. Trust me, we're good."

He was relieved. "Okay, cool."

Then someone banged on the door ferociously, and Jamal stared at it confused. Who would be at his door at this time of night?

Tory was confused too. "Who's that?"

"It better not be Hakeem." Jamal opened the door and saw Mateo. "Mateo? What are you doing here?"

"You had sex with Tory?!" Mateo spotted Tory on the bed. "Oh wow. She's here. What, you two were about to have sex again?"

Tory stood up, offended. "We weren't, actually. It's messed up that you would assume that."

"What's messed up is Jamal telling me this was a fake relationship, then turned around and had sex with you!"

"Why does it matter, Mateo?" Jamal said with an attitude.

"It matters because you're gay. Or, at least I thought you were."

"After Tory and I had sex, I felt nothing for her afterwards. So yeah, I am gay."

"Does that make you feel better?" Tory asked him.

"Yeah, a little bit." Then Mateo looked around. "Why are there alcohol bottles laying around? You're a drinker now?"

"Yup."

"Since when?"

Tory answered for Jamal. "Since you cut him off. Jamal was depressed as shit. He even wrote a song about you."

"Tory-"

"No. He needs to know how much he hurt you, Jamal."

"Let's not act like Jamal is innocent. He hurt me more than I hurt him. This fake relationship you guys have going on hurts me every day!" Mateo exclaimed.

Tory had an idea. "If Jamal and I break up, will that make you feel better?"

Was she crazy? "Tory, we can't break up. The public-"

"The public needed to believe you were straight, and they do now. So my job is done."

"But-"

Tory didn't let him finish. "But nothing, Jamal. You told me you wanted Mateo back more than anything, right? Well, he's right there. You gotta take this chance."

"What about us?"

"Nothing's going to change. I told you I'll be here as a friend. Call me whenever you need a shoulder to lean on." Then Tory grabbed her stuff. "Oh, and don't worry about me telling the world the truth. Your dad made me sign an NDA."

Jamal chuckled because that was definitely a Lucious thing to do. Then he smiled at her gratefully. "Thank you, Tory. For everything."

"No problem. Now, go get your man."

She waved and left, and Mateo felt bad. "That was actually sad."

"I'm not sad because I love no one but you, Mateo."

Mateo matched his energy. "I still love you too, Jamal. I never stopped. But I don't love that family of yours, except for your sister. Your mother is decent too."

"Don't worry about them. Just worry about me."

"That's kinda hard to do when they're always getting in between our relationship. Your brother and his big ass mouth, and Lucious and his cock blocking, is too much to deal with."

"There's not gonna be any more cock blocking because I don't live in that mansion," Jamal said. "And I think Hakeem's learned his lesson."

Mateo laughed at the thought. "Yeah, you gave him the business at that dinner party. I was impressed. And horrified, but impressed."

"I kinda did it for you. He was disrespecting you."

Mateo knew he wasn't lying. "Yeah, you're always defending me. The fact that you don't stand down to anyone is what I love about you."

"So does this mean we're officially together?" Jamal asked, praying he said yes. He needed him in his life again.

"I still hate the fact that we have to hide from the world, but yeah, we're officially together."

That was all Jamal ever wanted to hear.