Ten

I turned my attention from my best friend and looked to see my grandmother and an older version of the girl from the photo. Noah looked at me and quickly jumped over the couch and peeked over. He pushed Skylar's head down more before returning to his position as his eyes traveled between me and my grandmother.

"What's going on?" Skylar whispered to Noah.

"I'm not sure but it's going to turn ugly real quickly." Noah whispered back. My grandmother walked closer with the girl next to her as if she was seeing a ghost. She reached her hand out to touch me but I backed up.

"Why didn't you tell me the boy was alive and back home?" She asked. She turned to my mother and father who looked tense.

"Because he wasn't in good condition when he came home." My mother said.

"He looks like he's in good condition to me. Now, about the plan to have him marry this girl." My grandmother started.

"It's not happening." I finally said. That got everyone's attention on me.

"You don't get a say in it boy." My grandmother said. I rolled my eyes and moved my shirt to reveal the mark that had formed over the night. The mark of my mate.

"I get a say in it. I have a mate." I said as she took a closer look.

"You didn't tell him to reject the girl?" My grandmother asked my parents.

"He had his mind made up whe he was younger. He wanted his mate. His wolf is already protective over her. His wolf was protective the second he saw her. We aren't going to put our son's happiness at risk." My father said sternly. She looked back at me but I turned my attention to Noah and Skylar.

"Let's go." I said. Noah stood immediately and grabbed Skylar by her waist and set her down. I walked over to the two and sent a look to Noah. I pulled Skylar closer to my body and began to lead her away.

"Where do you think you're going?" My grandmother called to me. I stayed silent and walked out of the room with Noah behind me and Skylar.

"Well, I thought it would get worse than that." Noah said.

"I have a little more self control than that Noah." I said.

"Does she not care that you have a mate?" Skylar asked from beside me.

"Not at all. She wanted me taking the throne the day I turned seventeen but my parents wanted to wait until I was ready and I had my mate. She's a difficult person. I'm not rejecting you though." I said. Skylar laughed and wrapped her arms around me.

"I knew that. Now if I remember correctly, you swore that I get you for the rest of the day." She said. I only smiled and apologized to Noah before letting her drag me away to our room.

"And what exactly is it you have planned?" I asked her once the door was closed. Skylar didn't say much and turned, placing her lips against mine. I was quick to respond and let my hands rest at her waist. She pulled away for air but I moved to her neck. I left a trail of open mouth kisses along her neck until I got to her soft spot. She let out a breathy moan and held onto me tighter.

"I'm still waiting to hear those plans of yours." I said against her skin. I continued to attack her neck though, knowing she was struggling to form a sentence. A knock sounded and I was quick to move and kiss Skylar again. She smiled into the kiss then lightly tugged on my hair. I pulled away just as the door opened.

"Andrew?" Ronald mumbled.

"Yeah?" I asked. I swatted at Skylar's hand as she began poking me.

"I think I found my mate." He said.

"That's good. Who is she?" I asked as Skylar poked my side. I yelped in surprise and grabbed her hand. Ronald gave me a name and began helping Skylar mess with me.

"Ronald! Help!" Jaine laughed. Ronald stopped before waving bye and walking out and closing the door. I grabbed Skylar's wrists as she began pushing me back. We began playfully fighting and laughing. We tripped and she let out a little scream and wrapped her arms around me. I wrapped an arm around her and stopped us from hitting the ground.

"You fell for me." Skylar laughed. I laughed at her dumb joke before I began tickling her. She howled with laughter and began squirming underneath me. I stopped so she could catch her breath. She wrapped her arms around me and pulled me down to her. I let my body fall on her wrapped my arms around her.

"I love you Andrew." She whispered. I pushed up in shock and looked into her eyes.

"What?" I asked quietly.

"I love you." She said louder.

"I love you too." I replied. She smiled and connected our lips together. I responded instantly and took control of the kiss quickly. Yet once again the door opened, causing us to pull away. We turned and found my parents, Noah, my grandmother and the other girl looking in at us.

"I wasn't really expecting a crowd or anyone to say the least. How can I help you?" I said before Skylar poked my cheek again. I grabbed her wrists and grinned in victory.

"We were just checking to see why Skylar screamed. What are you doing on the floor?" Noah asked.

"We fell. It was her fault too." I said and stuck my tongue out at her. She got a hand free and grabbed my tongue. My eyes widened and I used my free hand and poked her side. Her hand let go as she grabbed my other hand in hers.

"I thought you said she was a prisoner." My grandmother said.

"We didn't mention who she was." My mother frowned. I quit paying attention and leaned in, capturing her lips with mine.

"Alright, let's leave these two alone." I heard Noah say.   I pulled away before getting up and helping Skylar up.

"Well, I have to go check on a few things. I'll be back in a few minutes." I said. Skylar stuck her pinky out and I hooked mine with hers.