Unexpected Guest

"She reminded me so much of her..."

I trailed off and started to think about the both of them. They were oddly similar. Her calm yet menacing voice, her unique red eyes and unforgettable glare when you made her angry. Is she? Nonono, it can't be. Could she really be the same person that was thought yo have murdered her? Maybe Elaine had a twin sister with the same name? That's just unrealistic. I was cut from my thoughts when I felt a nudge.

"Dream, are you okay?" George asked in a soft voice. I had fallen behind, mostly lost in thought.

"I'm fine" I smiled weakly at them. It was in the middle of the night, probably 2 in the morning. We barely had the energy to run, so we slowly walked towards homebase. Throughout the whole trip I kept thinking about the possibilities. Completely zoning out and nearly tripping on a few branches. George and Sapnap might've noticed, but shrugged it off, thinking I was really tired. I have to ask her somehow, someway... anyway. I need to know

Elaine POV

I was awoken by the bright rays of the sun, seeping through my window. They weren't very bright, meaning it must be quite early. I looked at one of my watches and saw that it displayed 6:43. Gosh, I didn't really sleep much did I? Well, this is a good opportunity to explore a bit since I didn't see more than the forests around here.

I put my cloak on and looked at my sword, debating whether or not I should take it. I thought about it and remembered I was practically enemies with the three amigos, so I took it and tied it around my belt. I walked down the hallway and heard light snores coming from both the children's rooms. Need to be stealthy. I sneaked around not making a sound and eventually got out. Fundy was still on patrol and I felt bad for the poor guy. I walked over and pat his shoulder. He jolted awake seeming to have been dozing off. Can't really blame him.

"Oh huh? Sorry, I'll try to stay awake" he said scurrying. I chuckled a bit at his panic and pet his head. He seemed to have enjoyed it as his ears started to lower and a smile forming on his face.

"It's okay. You need rest. I'll patrol for a bit." I volunteered, still petting him. He opened his mouth to decline, but collapsed as soon as I pet under his ears. Found his weak spot.

"How did you do that?" I heard a familiar deep voice say, slightly startling me. Already knowing who it was I didn't even turn around.

"Pet just below his ears, he will immediately go down" I said knowing he's definitely gonna do that later. He stood beside me, still very tall. I was 5'8 and this fucker was 6'5.

"One how did puberty hit you so hard that you know what the weather was gonna be, two, why do you wake up so early?"he chuckled and picked Fundy up.

"Poor kid was on patrol 24/7. He really cares about this war." He whispered looking at his son. I smiled at the sight and noticed the dark circles under their eyes. He really does not sleep does he. I sighed

"Wilbur, put your son in bed, go to your room, lay on the bed and sleep." I commanded him. He only frowned and looked down at me.

"I should say the same for you, your the one who didn't sleep for three days-"

"Four days" I corrected him, even though I know it's not gonna help my case. It was his turn to sigh.

"Doesn't make it any better. As the leader of this nation I want everyone in our walls to be safe and well." he said In a serious tone. I scoff at his words.

"Everyone including yourself Wilbur. I can tell you have not gone to sleep for more days than me." I said in a stern voice. He sighed again and started to look worried.

"It's just that... I care about this country, Elaine. And everyone in it. I know I should care for myself but, as the eldest here, I have to take responsibility for everyone." he softly rambled. The leader is nothing without his crew. Since I don't plan on leaving this place, I want everyone to be treated the same, without any power hierarchy. Thats what leads to corruption. Power. This country is too nice and harmless. It's an easy target.

"You won't have to carry that burden alone, Wil. Me, Tommy, Tubbo and everyone is here with you. We can take care of ourselves, even if it doesn't seem like it at first glance." I lectured. He smiled and looked around L'manberg.

"I'm glad to have such amazing friends." he said. I nodded and just remembered the sleeping boy in Wilbur's arms. I motioned towards him and it seems like he forgot too.

"I'll put the him to bed," he mumbled only loud enough so I could hear it. He turned around and walked away.

"And get some sleep!" I whisper shouted to which he only responded with a laugh.
I strided over to the entrance. I can't get far from the gate. But I could make a few landmarks and signals, incase we get lost in the forest. So I did. I put a few markings on the trees notifying that this is the way.

Just as I was carving the last one, I stumbled across a fallen log with a familiar green hoodie. The masked man himself. Dream. What was he doing here?

"Didn't expect to see you here, Maskface"