As you walked back in, you looked down at the court in front of you and saw the volleyball team now standing in tracksuits of the same color as the uniforms they had just been wearing. They were talking amongst themselves, Tendou standing with the big Ushijima boy and a boy with blond hair as he made wild facial expressions and jazz hands.

    You walked down the aisle to sit in a seat that was a bit closer to the court. That's when the team was called over by a short man and you witnessed them all huddle up. From your place in the stands, you couldn't make out any of the words, but you watched as they nodded along intently.

    That's when Tendou glanced his wide eyes upward for just a moment and made complete eye contact with you. His smirk grew into a full smile at that moment and he looked down again to say something to his coach. You felt your heart pound as he did that. Your presence was enough to make him smile like that?

    You weren't questioning your decision to go back into the gym anymore, this was the right one. They finished their meeting and dispersed, each walking to the various equipment around the gym to pack up. At first, Tendou was walking directly away from you but that's when he did a 180 degree spin to face you with a smile.

    He pointed at you with both hands and then pointed at the ground. He may have been far away, but you could see the words he mouthed: Stay there.

    You nodded and gave him a double thumbs-up which made him fire you a couple finger-guns back as he turned back around to help his team.

✦ ✦ ✦

It wasn't too long before the gym was cleared of all of the equipment and you were watching Tendou run around with a mop. He ran in a sporadic path that didn't seem to actually clean the floor very well, so that was probably why there was a disheveled first-year following behind him that took a much more methodical approach.

    Even among his team Tendou was far different than everyone else. What was different about them versus the people that were muttering his name from the stands was that it seemed like they all treated him with respect.

    The team disappeared through the doors that were next to the court and you sat on your phone waiting. Tendou had asked you to stay right where you were and you were going to have faith in him to come here when he could.

    That's when you heard footsteps behind you and you looked behind you to see Tendou making his way down the stairs of the stands two at a time. "Miss (l/n) actually came!" he sang.

    "I said I would," you laughed as he took a seat two down from yours.

    He nodded. "Were you here the entire time? I didn't see you for a while and got scared you weren't a woman of your word."

    You nodded back. "I was sitting more up there for the actual game. Crowds aren't my thing."

    "I've noticed," he said, putting his hands behind his head and leaning back into the seat.

    You were taken aback. "What does that mean?"

    He moved his shoulders up to shrug. "Nothing bad, I've just noticed your energy changes when you're walking in the halls. I wasn't sure if you would even end up coming, it was big of me to ask you to come on your own."

    "I liked it," you said, looking out to the court. "I'm glad I did come. It was cool to see you play even if I know nothing about the sport."

    When you looked back he was smiling at you with his eyebrow quirked up. "I'm glad you did. Shows me that you care about little ol' me from your art class."

    You smiled back. You couldn't deny that you cared a bit for him. He was a friendly face and every day you found his funky mannerisms even more interesting. "Why didn't you mention that you played before?"

    "It never came up," he answered simply. "Art class is about art not volleyball. I even need a break from it sometimes. It's all I ever do other than homework."

    "Really?" you asked.

    "Yeah, the great price I pay for coming to a powerhouse school on a sports scholarship," he smiled and did jazz hands before saying. "Oh, woe is me."

    You laughed as you watched him before you went to put your bag on your shoulder to get up. Just as you were about to tell him that you were going to head back to your dorm, he stood up in front of you. "Got any plans tonight, miss?"

    You stood. "I was just going to go back to my dorm."

    He waved a hand at you. "That's nothing. Want to do something fun?"

    "Isn't it late?" you said, glancing down at your phone that was in your pocket. The time was nearing 10p.m. now.

    "Just a little something," he promised, clasping his hands in front of him in a pleading motion. "And, if you truly don't want to, at least let me walk you back to the dorms. I can't let you walk alone so late."

    You thought for a second before nodding. "As long as it's not anything crazy."

    "Crazy is a subjective word," he said as he brought his hand down to motion for you to follow him. "Just have faith in me on this one, hm?"

    You wondered why you really did have unwavering faith in him as you followed happily, but the answer didn't really matter to you. Trust didn't come easily to you all of the time, but this guy seemed to simply be breaking down every wall within days.

 Trust didn't come easily to you all of the time, but this guy seemed to simply be breaking down every wall within days