1: scared cupcake

Start from the beginning

I feel JJ grab my hand whilist we were running as fast as our legs could carry us. "Come here, you little pricks" I hear being screamed causing me to pick up the speed. 

"Bus is leaving!" I look up to see John B driving our beloved van with Kie in the passenger seat beside him. The smile returns to my face as we move closer. JJ jumps into the back of the van before reaching his hand out and helping me into the vehicle. I land on my ass but I was safe at least and had successfully avoided the authorities. 

Pope joins us in the back a minute later and we were all running on sheer adrenaline as we laughed and yelled with John B driving us away from the scene. 

"Check out Gary, gunnin' for a raise" JJ laughs scuffling over to the open van door and holding out a beer to the poor guard running after our van like his life depended on it.

"You're gonna give him a heart attack" I laugh lightly shaking my head. 

"They don't pay you enough, bro" JJ continues taunting the man until I place my hand on his bicep pulling him back into the van before the man tripped over or dropped dead, I'm not sure which is more likely.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 

We made it back to the Chateau in one piece. This could otherwise be known as my second home considering I usually take up residency here as I'd rather be anywhere else than my own home, which was actually the same case for JJ. 

John B didn't seem to mind the constant company, he says it takes his mind off his dad being missing for the past 9 months. We were always there when he needed a distraction, a shoulder to cry on, or a good laugh.

Everyone in the group was aware JJ and I preferably didn't like to go home, it's known JJ's dad is an asshole and an addict but JJ doesn't like to go into the nitty-gritty details. 

My case was a little different. Despite the group being my best friends, they had no idea of the secret hell I go through when I step foot in my childhood home. They don't know what goes on behind doors and I'd prefer to keep it that way. 

All they know is that I think my dad's an asshole and I'd rather avoid him. I really respected them for never pressuring me for details as they know it's an incredibly touchy subject for me. But they were always there for me without a shred of doubt.

I trusted my friends with my life, but the details of my family I choose to keep to myself. I didn't want my friends to change their views or opinion of me and most importantly I wouldn't want to let them down. I figured it made more sense for me to bottle all my emotions in rather then make my friends possibly upset. 

Quickly after arriving at the Chateau I convinced John B and Pope to take full advantage of the weather and join me for a surf session.

The news had spread all over the island of a brewing storm that was scheduled to hit tonight. This crap weather equaled massive waves and none of us were complaining. 

I clutched my surfboard whilist running down the sand towards the water with the boys trailing after me.

"It's double overhead out there, bro" John B grins sounding excited, an emotion pulsating through my body too. I'm itching to get out there after staring at the waves harshly crashing. 

"Those aren't surfable waves, bro" Pope shakes his head with a doubtful look on his face. But I don't stick around to hear their debate. I take off eager to jump in the water.

"Says who" I shout back at the boys trying to catch up with me. I keep running until I hit the water and I gasp at just how cold the water is. I immediately dip my head under without a second thought. I'm ready to kick some serious butt. 

I jump on my board and start paddling towards the borderline dangerous waves. "Whooo!" I turn to see John B yelling whilist being thrown off a monster wave and hurled into the water. 

"Nice try!" I shout moving my wet hair out of my face, I was trying my hardest to stay afloat despite the huge choppy waves constantly crashing. These have got to be the worst conditions I've ever seen but I'm not ready to give up just yet. 

Somehow I manage to catch a wave after paddling my heart out. I quickly pop up on my favorite pink surfboard which was covered in hand-drawn flowers and other symbols I considered cute. 

I ride the wave to the best of my ability and relatively smoothly might I add. I was proud of myself when I was inevitably thrown off it. 

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

The rain was now bucketing down as I walked through the door of the chateau still dripping wet. Pope had bailed and gone home to prepare for the storm per his father's request and I looked over my shoulder to see John B trailing behind me, just as drenched as I was. 

"Dibs first shower" I quickly say before darting towards the shower. I almost fall over when JJ suddenly pops out from John B's bedroom blocking my way. I place my hands on his chest in an attempt to steady myself. 

"Staying tonight?" JJ questions with a slight smirk looking down at me, more specifically my hands on him. My eyes go wide and I quickly drop my hands from his body in embarrassment. 

"You'd miss me if I didn't" I smoothly recover flashing him a grin and stepping around his body and moving into the bathroom. 

I turn the handle of the bathroom door and open the door but hover at the entryway. "You're not wrong" JJ winks now facing me. I roll my eyes before shutting the door behind me craving a steaming hot shower before I braced for the hurricane. 

Mine and JJ's friendship is a tad complicated. Our friendship consisted of mainly flirty remarks or stupid insults. Everyone in the group often say we are an explosive duo, they explained it was because we both liked having fun - mostly in illegal ways and barely gave any consideration to the consequences. But other than our harmless flirting and bickering we are incredibly close as our home lives are so similar, we understand each other.

After a long hot shower, my skin had completely pruned and I felt refreshed. My hair no longer smelt like salt water and seaweed. 

I walk out of the bathroom wearing one of JJ's t-shirts he constantly leaves sprawled around the house and little cotton PJ shorts. The second I emerge from the hallway JJ's eyes snap to me. His eyes don't leave me as I make my way over to the boy lying on the pull-out couch. 

It wasn't uncommon for us to share a bed considering Big John's bedroom and office were completely off-limits and there is limited space in the small beach bungalow. 

"You know I love it when you wear my clothes" he smirks as I jump under the covers with him. 

I lay on my side facing JJ, "You should leave more clothes around then" I say tiredly as I decide to rest my eyes for a second. 

My eyes flash open when a deep and loud set of thunder was heard outside. The storm had well and truly started. It sounded worse than I could have imagined, I didn't realise that was possible. 

"Scared cupcake?" the boy beside me taunts. 

I stubbornly shake my head, "No way".

"Sure looks like you're scared" he continues, "I'll protect you, c'mere" he removes his arm that was behind his head signaling me to move closer. 

I let out a deep sigh but scoot over to be closer to him, "I'm still not scared" I try to deny as I lay my head on his strong chest. I feel him wrap his arms around me and I close my eyes.

"Whatever you say Indigo" JJ whispers before we both drift asleep.