Year three: Doubts and uncertainties

Start from the beginning

'Show some empathy!' YN scolded, lightly tugging at his ear.

'Yeah, imagine you lost YN.' Ron said wailfully.

'Ronald Bilius Weasley, are you comparing me to a rat?'

'Oh, come on, Ron.' Fred said, suppressing a laugh 'Go down to Hogsmeade and get yourself a new rat.'

But Ron seemed to have forgotten all about Scabbers as Harry entered the Great Hall, his new Firebolt in his hand. Heads turned his way, and whispers turned into excited muttering. Harry found his place at the Gryffindor table and Wood, his Quidditch Captain, basking in the reflected glory of the Firebolt, placed it in the middle of the table and carefully turned it so that it's name faced upwards. Soon enough, even people from Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff tables were coming over to take a look. One of them being Cedric Diggory, who came to congratulate Harry on having acquired such a superb replacement for his Nimbus, and wished the Gryffindor team the best of luck for their upcoming match. Just as he was about to leave he took a second glance at YN.

'Better chance to catch you here than at your own table.' he said, oblivious to the look one of the twins was giving him.

All YN had to offer in return was a sheepish smile.

A fine little crowd had gathered around Harry, to take a peak at his new broom. Percy's girlfriend, Penelope Clearwater from Ravenclaw, even asked if she could hold it.

'Now, now, Penny no sabotage!' said Percy, heartily as she examined the Firebolt closely. She left, not long after, and Percy wasted no time to follow after her.

'Harry- make sure sure you win,' said Percy in an urgent whisper ' I haven't got ten Galleons. Yes, I'm coming Penny!' and he bustled off to join her at the Ravenclaw table.

'Ten Galleons?' YN raised a brow at the twins 'Did I miss something?'

At quarter to eleven, the Gryffindor team set off for the changing room, the rest of the school followed not long after, heading for the stands.

'No weather luck when we're playing.' Ernie pointed out, squinting his eyes at the sun.

And indeed, the weather couldn't have been any different from their match against Gryffindor; it was a clear, cool day, with a light breeze, and instead of Dementors, excitement in the air, which only a Quidditch match could bring.

'We're rooting for Gryffindor right?' Hannah asked, as they made their way down to the stadium.

'Well, we shouldn't really be taking sides...' said Justin, carefully picking his words 'But if I cheered for Ravenclaw today I wouldn't be able look Fred and George in the eye.'

'Let alone share a Butterbeer with them.' said Wayde, earning a few chuckles from the group.

The girls followed along as the boys pushed their way through the crowded stands, to where the rest of the Hufflepuff Quidditch team was. Hannah and YN found themselves giggling at Susan who kept stealing glances at Cedric, the blush never leaving her face. The babble that filled the stadium died down as the teams walked onto the pitch, and turned into a tumultuous applause instead. After a few brisk words from Madam Hooch, the Captains shook hands. Then, after a count of three the whistle blew and the 14 players kicked off into the air. Harry's Firebolt zoomed higher and faster than any other broom, and he soared around the stadium, already searching for the Snitch.

'They're off,' the sound of Lee Jordan's voice echoed through the stadium 'and the big excitement this match is the Firebolt which Harry Potter is flying for Gryffindor. According to Which Broom, the Firebolt is going to be the broom of choice for the national teams at this year's World Championship-'