"okay, tell you what; if i can guess the make of your motorcycle, will you tell me your name?" he challenged. you shrugged your shoulders lazily. you didn't really want to become friends with this boy, you didn't really want to become friends with anyone, but he seemed really interested in your bike, so you decided to cut him some slack.

"okay, then."

"cool! we should probably get going to class, do you need help getting to your next class? what lesson do you have now?" shinichiro asked you.

"biology," you deadpanned. you saw the way shinichiro's smile grew and realised that you had never actually looked at him, but lord, was he good-looking. you weren't trying to get in his pants and whatnot, but his pale complexion went really well with his pitch-black, lazy-looking eyes and matching, wispy hair.

"that's great! i have bio too, we can go together," he nodded his head, taking the lead. you walked beside him, thinking about what fake name you should give shinichiro in the situation that he manages to guess your make. you decided that 'valerie' would be a pretty and safe name to settle with.

"are you new to town or did you just move schools?" shinichiro asked you, noticing the awkward silence.

"don't try to make small talk with me," you quickly shut him down. shinichiro laughed at your coldness, which was weird, but you assumed he was used to being turned down by girls. "of all the girls i've spoken to, you're certainly the coldest one!" he told you.

that made you wonder just how many girls he had spoken to, and it made you wonder why he didn't take the hint and leave you alone. "okay, we're here now, i wonder if i'll be able to sit next to you," shinichiro pondered as he opened the door, his wan, slender, ringed fingers catching your eye momentarily.

you didn't even bother introducing yourself, that would give away your name, so you hesitantly followed shinichiro, claiming your seat as the one beside his. "you decided to sit next to me?!" shinichiro gasped in mock-surprise.

you set your bag down, taking off your bucket-hat and getting out your equipment. "i don't know anyone else," you claimed simply. "does that mean we're gonna have an actual conversation? you know, where we both speak to each other?" shinichiro grinned, leaning on his elbow and admiring your face.

"no," you deadpanned, digging into your pocket and taking out your airpods and plugging them into your ears immediately. shinichiro smiled, amused at your reaction, sighing exaggeratedly. "alright then," he nodded.

you spent your lesson listening to melanie martinez and copying shinichiro's notes sneakily, and at one point, shinichiro asked what you were listening to. you had given him a short reply and he responded with, "oh really? i love melanie martinez!"

now starting to tolerate him a tinsy bit more, you asked what his favourite album was, to which he replied with, "the one with the song that was edited to timothee chalamet," and that told you that shinichiro didn't know jackshit about melanie martinez.

you rolled your eyes, turning your body as if to say 'no more talking to me.'

"hey, if i can't call you by your name, can i just call you mine?" shinichiro proposed cockily, obviously thinking he was the shit. he giggled slightly when you scooted your stool to the left a little to gain some distance, but you had admit that the pickup line was sort of cute - cheesy, but cute and it did make your heart bounce a little.

the rest of your bio class was shinichiro trying to compliment you, or communicate with you, but he was shut down with multiple 'no''s or some 'shut up''s.

˚➶

finally, the end of the day. you couldn't wait to get home and do nothing at all.

shinichiro wasn't in your final class, or any of your classes besides biology, so you assumed you'd see him tomorrow, not that you cared at all about shinichiro. you strolled over to the parking spot for motorcycles only for you to realise that there was already someone at your motorbike.

you sighed, preparing yourself with what bullshit shinichiro was gonna hit you with today. he was leaning against the bike like he owned it, even holding the helmet like he was going to wear it, and when he noticed you, he stood up straight suddenly, beaming over at you from afar.

when you had reached him, he hadn't said a word, just silently handing your helmet to you. "thanks?" you uttered, staring back at shinichiro.

"triumph street triple rs 756," he grinned the minute you rasied your hand to put your helmet on. your eyes widened slightly, still stuck on how shinichiro was beaming from ear-to-ear at his discovery. you exhaled, nodding your head at shinichiro.

"[name]."

˚➶

[ A/N ] 💕
im trying to write a reserved/quiet reader without making them shy and edgy and rude ?? 💀 dk if it's working tbh