𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐝𝐬 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐌𝐲 𝐁𝐨𝐲𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝

Almost seven years have passed that we both have been together. Three years back we decided to move in together and listening to it our families almost died of heart attack. There came lots of questionings and hurdles, so after getting irritated by all of it we registered ourselves as couple in the book of law by conducting a registry marriage in presence of our family members only. Everyone looked happy but also wanted a social marriage just like typical Indian families so we decided to conduct it once we get settled completely.

After that the next three years went busy. I and him, Ishaan, my boy friend, only got few hours at night to spend with each other. Even on weekends we remained busy. Harsh corporate lives you see. Our sex life wasn't cool as well. Things were okay but something seemed missing. That warm feeling of love was nowhere near. We hardly cuddled and as this realization crashed over me I got panicky.

I was scared, if Ishaan got bored of our routine ever and left me then how would I live without him? Thinking so I inched closer and rested my head over his chest. He was my home. Honestly, no one understood me the way he did. He knew my desires even before I mouthed them, and that is why I always felt special when he stayed around.

"What happened baby?" his sleep is very light and he got up as soon I kept my head over his chest.

"Nothing much, I was just missing both of us. I was missing our banters, our love makings, and our future planning, our everything basically"

"Okay, but we still do all of these"

"Yeah, but there is no sense of adventure in it. It feels like some routine. It feels caged inside this home which we once bought as our dream home"

He slightly smiled and intertwined his fingers with mine. His eyes were fixed over our fingers and he started playing with them.

"Do you know Nitya when you denied my proposal for the first time it felt as if world has crashed over me, I was at loss and couldn't understand what to do or where to go but then something worked out and we both are here now" I could sense the happiness in his tone "the first time when you held me in your arms, that feeling was eternal. I could sense how heaven felt like. Then slowly we grew closer, we decided to live together and spend the rest of our life together and all of these are what I forever dreamt since the day I met you. Laying beside you and looking at you sleep peacefully is my favourite part of the day. When I get stressed and you massage my head that is what makes me feel most relaxed. When you call my parents to ask about their well being my heart flutters with pride. I feel special and on top of the world only by thinking that you chose me to spend the rest of your life" Ishaan looked into my eyes as he completed saying.

Honesty, warmth and love were dripping out of his eyes and they were filled with joy. He wrapped me in between his arms.

"I love you today, tomorrow, and forever" were the only set of words I could say.

He then softly brought his lips closer and kissed my forehead. My eyes got closed in reflex and he started stroking my hair. I slowly drifted off to sleep. The last thing I could hear before loosing consciousness was Ishaan's I love you.

Next morning arrived and as I opened my eyes to get up I felt that sharp pain in my stomach and back. I checked the date and cried to myself. Just like every month, the dates for my menstruation have arrived. I hated the first three days of my cycle as my stomach and back pained so much. I could hardly move but owing to my work schedule I couldn't take a day off. I looked around in the room to see if Ishaan was there but he wasn't. So, I rested my foot over the floor to get up and just then Ishaan rushed in with a tray and a hot water bag in his hand.