𝐈𝐧𝐬𝐞𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐬

The day was very different from all the other days. After college hours I was finally going to meet the guy in person whom I considered to be my boyfriend since a month now. Honestly, not a little bit of excitement worked inside me. It felt like meeting some random person. I don't know why, but I was not eager to dress nice as well. So, like every other day I went to college tying my hair up in a messy ponytail and wearing some normal jeans and top. None of my friends knew about this meeting. I also did not want anyone to know about this, except one, Neeladri, my first boyfriend. I just wanted to see his reaction after he gets to know about my meetup with my recent boyfriend. I won't lie, but his reactions actually forever bothered me. First love after all. I smiled to myself.

I and Neeladri met in college. We study in same class. Thus, gradually in the first year itself we grew close. First two years went nice, me, him, our love and friendship, everything was fine. Then suddenly came a big misunderstanding that broke us apart forever. We never broke up officially but we just stopped talking, rather let's say, I stopped talking to him. Our friends tried to bring us close and break the misconception I developed about him but the distance just kept on increasing. And when I finally realised that I was wrong about him and everything was just a misunderstanding, it was too late to make things correct. Still I tried, I tried hard but he didn't budge. He said that my feelings for him were mere infatuation. He left me asking me not to bother him anymore. I was hurt listening to it. He knew how much I loved him, still he insulted my feelings by naming it infatuation. After that day, I decided consciously that I would forever be happy without him and won't let his actions bother me.

Alas! The decision fade into thin air on the very next day. I noticed a cut over his palm and my heart sank. I neared him, just to ask whether he was okay, but he ignored me and didn't answer. His behaviour hurt me but somehow I managed to not let my tears ooze out in front of everyone. After that my tries of wooing his heart again, decreased gradually seeing his cold reaction to everything. I got addicted to social media platforms and spent all my free time over there just to keep my mind away from his thoughts.

There I met so many new people, few turned out good and few turned out creep. And then one fine day I met Abhi over there. He sounded nice and we slowly started talking and sharing so much. We exchanged numbers and also decided to meet but the first plan of meeting went unsuccessful. Abhi could not make it. That day when the meet got cancelled I told about Abhi to the closest friend of mine in my class, Shreya. She looked at me like she has seen a ghost and then turned her eyes towards Neel. Following her gaze I too looked at him. He was laughing aloud and was busy with his group. Maybe discussing the last night football match. He is a huge lover of football. When we both were together, he always said that his real girlfriend is football and I was the optional one. I joked about it but who knew I would really become the optional one someday. Thinking so, I looked away and concentrated over nothing.

Shreya asked so many questions about Abhi that day and I decided to make her meet him someday. Abhi is a nice guy, he is six years older than me but still we connected like two like-aged people. He joked a lot and did so much to make me happy but everything he did made me remember the time I spent with Neel. In this relationship, Abhi was the only one trying the break the ice everytime and I was just a puppet who allowed him depending on my own mood. Honestly, I was not like that but Neel's memories were too fresh for me to allow anyone else in my life in his place. Still I said yes to Abhi, I don't know why. I regret it now but I don't know what to do.

College came to an end for that day and I went out. As I reached near the main gate I turned my head to every possible directions to see where is Abhi but he was nowhere to be seen. So, I stood at the main gate, looking at the people rushing back to there home and kept waiting for him. Maybe after five-six minutes he arrived. He extended his arms for a hug, but it felt uncomfortable so I just hugged him formally for hardly two seconds and then parted to a comfortable distance.