sober thoughts

As the car pulled to a halt, me and my best friend Karlie Kloss unloaded from the SUV into the club. The clock read a sharp 12:01. We had been invited to a party hosted by Karlie's friend model Kendall Jenner. I knew her as well so I wasn't terribly out of place. Once inside, we were served drinks and able to party away from all the flashing lights and prying eyes of the paparazzi.
There were a bunch of people I knew and a bunch of people I did not. And as the party progressed into the night more and more people showed up.
I was talking to my friend Ellie when the night took an unexpected twist.
"What's your current dating situation right now?" She asked suddenly.
"I'm single." I said a bit taken aback.
"Do you still talk to your ex?"
"Well yeah," I admitted. What does she know?
"Are you guys friends? Like good friends?"
"Yeah.. I mean it's complicated. Why do you ask?"
"Because..." She was now looking over my shoulder. I turned around just in time to see none other than Harry Styles walking in with a group of his guy friends.
"Oh," was all I was able to let out.
He didn't see me but I was staring. He looked different. Much older. He was talking to another girl. I had not seen him in a few months. We did not have a good encounter last time. Things had gotten heated then turned into an argument. See the problem was neither of us were really over each other -yes two years later- so when we got together well let's just say we both want each other but it usually ends in a unfair argument of "I have to move on" sort of thing.
Still, I felt a slight tinge of jealousy seeing him with someone else. However I brushed the feeling aside, grabbed another drink, and continued hanging out with my friends. It hasn't even crossed my mind that Kendall was Harry's friend too, of course he would be here.
I tried my hardest not to be distracted but I was. Every once in a while I'd catch a glimpse of him. Did he know I was here?
"Taylor I want to introduce you to my friend Matt!" Karlie came up to me with a guy I had never seen before.
"Hi!" I stuck my arm out awkwardly to greet him with a handshake.