1

SONG OF THE DAY:

DOGTOOTH, Tyler, the Creator

I WORK in a small pet shop near central Tokyo, with my colleague Chifuyu.

Chifuyu is charming, kind and handsome. He has silvery black hair and always wears a soft smile. He's always happy, his warm smile brightens the mood every time it's needed.

I've been close with Chifuyu since I first began working in the shop, however I know a few of his friends that often visit. They sometimes bring us alcohol or we bring them alcohol — over all, its rather enjoyable.

Kazutora, Chifuyus childhood friend, also works with us sometimes, but he only works some days with Chifuyu. Ive never been as close with him as I have Chifu, but he's kind of awkward most the time, leading me to avoid talking to him.

Chifuyus other friends visited often as well, often offering to help around the shop, and I could never say no.

Mitsuya, Takemichi, Draken Angry and Smiley were always nice to me, however I mainly felt safe around Mitsuya and Chifuyu. Though the others are nice, they overall felt more nice to be around and talk to — though, I haven't talked to the others as much as I have those two, so it's not like I have a completely structured verdict, anyways.

Of course, the others are nice too, however, to me, those two have more of a ladies charm.

It was only as of recent that I began to actually hang out with them more. Before it was when something off happened, though now it's whenever the shop closes before hours. Today happened to be one of those days.

“ Do you want to head to the bar with some of my friends?” Chifuyu says, smiling at me. I simply nod and he passes me my coat before beginning to close up the store.

Double check the cash register, make sure the back door is locked, ensure that all of the animals that are usually in the shop windows are safe somewhere else in the building, lock up all of the cages, clean the litter boxes, top-up the water bowls, close the curtains, flip around the sign on the door to say ' We're closed! ', turn off all of the lights, lock the door, check the back door again, leave.

The usual nowdays.

Chifuyu opens the passenger door to the car to allow me to sit myself down. I give him a small “ Thank you.” and tell him that the first round is on me. Of course, he tells me that's unnecessary and that it is just him being a gentleman when he opens the door.
Then, of course, we jokingly argue about it for the entire car journey.

After finding ourself at the bar, a familiar motorbike is parked outside, its shiny black hood blindingly bright in the streetlight as we enter.

Cheers erupt in a booth as both me and Chifuyu enter, him sighing and me laughing slightly as we walk over.

“ You brought the pretty girl again, Chifu!”
“ What took you so long? I've been waiting 20 minutes!”
“ Do you think they're no strings attached or is this Chifuyus new girlie?”
“ Shes back again! Buy us some more rounds, gorgeous!”

Drunk already? Usually they're at least a bit sober.

A dark haired, scruffy boy scooted over a bit to make room for the both of us. Chifuyu sat down first, me being left to be sat on the end.