Chapter Three: A Storm Brewing

After spending all night reading a book on gemstones, Aria leaned back in her bed staring at the ceiling with her hair in a messy bun. The girl glanced over at the book that was on the edge of the bed, the gemstone itself not too far away. 'Not a single thing about that gem in the entire book.' The girl's thoughts echoed in her head. Her hands came up to her face as she let out a quiet groan. Her clock ticked to say '6:00 am' as the red light beamed dimly. 'Well, there is no point in trying to go to bed now...' She thought to herself. Sitting up, she looked out her window that looked off towards the shore to the east. Seeing the sky begin to wake up an idea came to her, one of her favorite things to do.

Quickly getting up and going over to her closet, she grabbed a loose pale pink hoodie and slipped it on along with a pair of leggings and an oversized jean jacket to layer over the hoodie. Scooping up a few things, including her journal, a pencil, the gem, and the book she spent all night trying to find answers in. She tucked them all into her bag and swung it over her shoulder. Being as quiet as she could, she snuck out of her room and headed towards the door, grabbing a pair of shoes before she slipped out of her quiet apartment. With a sigh, she walked down the stairs, got on her bike, and rode towards the beach.

Eventually, Aria arrived at the beach, walking her bike down the sandy path lined with bushes and trees

Eventually, Aria arrived at the beach, walking her bike down the sandy path lined with bushes and trees. She stopped as the path faded away, merging with the beach, and she leaned her bike up against a tree. The girl slipped her shoes off, walking along the cool sand. She walked over and sat down on a log near the treeline. The sky slowly began to fill with color as the sun rose. A cool breeze swept over the ocean. It was quiet. Aria let out a deep breath feeling better than she did all night, sure she was tired but at least this helped a little. As she watched the sunrise she pulled out her camera, taking a picture of the sight. The small shutter of the camera could be heard along the quiet beach.

Aways away, there was another visitor to the beach early this morning. A boy with dark hair wandered quietly down the beach. Peaceful ease settled over him, the sun on his face, the soft breeze that ran through the leaves of the trees he had passed. It wasn't much, but to him, it was a safe place. He walked over to a tree and leaned against it, looking out at the ocean. The boy's interest peaked as he heard the shutter come from down the beach. He hadn't seen anyone around here this early before. Glancing around he saw a girl sitting alone with a camera on a log. He sat puzzled for a moment and was unsure what to do. He wasn't used to having people around, especially this early, and had never seen this girl before. Something within him drew him towards her. After thinking for a moment he decided to walk in her direction, which was unusual cause he usually did the opposite. "Uh... hey there!" He said awkwardly as he approached the girl.

Aria jumped slightly as the boy approached her. "Oh! h-hi." She smiled at him. "I'm Aria." She stood up, holding the camera in front of her chest. She hadn't slept all night so normally she wouldn't talk to anyone but she wasn't expecting to see anyone else around before 7 am.