Chapter 14

2 weeks have passed, wolf packs from the other countries were on their way to Croatia. No one knew when the war was going to happen, but now that they had Lilliana there. They said it's better to train now, just so they could be prepared. It was best to take an opportunity when they had an open shot. Today she was going to learn how to use and control her powers from her mom's friends Karen, Tija, Prilla, and Grim. Lillian was still training with Sahara and improving on tactics and combat.  Lillian was still hesitant with being around Sahara. She thought about what Leon told her and felt she was intruding on a relationship. She was confused because she had feelings for Brian, and she had this urge to be around him. She wasn't sure if it was because she felt safe around him because he was just a bodyguard or if it was something more. She wondered if she was his mate after hearing what Leon told her. She may have been a princess, but it wasn't definite that their assumptions were right. She just concluded to herself that all she felt was a crush and being Brian was the first guy in her life then she had a hard time accepting that he was no longer interested in her. She tried getting along with Sahara, but she didn't want anything to do with her. Lillian went to the living room to watch TV.

        "Hey Lilly!" said Chris sitting on the couch next to her.

        "Hey...you're here! Where's Carla? " asked Lillian.

         "She'll be here with her pack later today" said  Chris.

         "Pack?"

          "Yeah-wait you didn't know?" Chris said confused.

           "No" said Lillian. She felt betrayed because she never thought her friend would lie to her after she said she wouldn't.

            "Wow I thought you knew she was a wolf. Especially since all of this is happening" said Chris as he rubbed his neck nervously.

           "Why wouldn't she tell me?" asked Lillian fidgeting with her fingers.

            "You have to remember that everyone has kept secrets from you-

            "How many more lies? Is everything so bad that I'm kept in the dark?" said Lillian.

             "She's coming tomorrow. You guys can talk it out. But hear her out, just like how you heard us out" said Chris. Lillian sighed and walked away.

              Lillian went outside and sat on a bench that was around a water fountain. She looked at her hands. She looked at the water and ran her hands through it. She swished her hands back and forth. Her hands glowed and water formed into a ball. She used her other hand and started forming more water droplets. She let out a breath and the water froze. She gasped and the ice turned back into water and the droplets fell back into the water.  Leon came walking through and he saw Lillian sitting down. He sighed as he stared at her. He could only imagine the stress that she was going through. It must be extremely hard to process everything and try to accept it. She didn't realize the whole world was on her shoulders, yet everyone made it out to seem that it wasn't. He slowly approached her.

     "You ok?" asked Leon.

        Lillian didn't answer and just stared at the birds that came and went as they pecked at the water.

     "What's wrong?" asked Leon as he sat down next to her.

      "I don't know anymore. I honestly don't want to be here no more" said Lillian somberly.

       "Just relax, everything will be okay" said Leon, trying to be the encouraging friend.

      "Do you have a mate?" Lillian asked.