"I know that," said Hayley. "I know, because when you and I started really getting to know each other... you didn't sleep with anyone for over a year. Really, not until after what happened with Dahlia, if I'm remembering correctly. My complaints... are all out of jealousy. I... I hate seeing you with other people. And knowing so many of them adore you, and are available to you, and giving you what I can't... it drives me crazy.

"He was saying how I shouldn't be judging. He said you were at perfect liberty to do it, and I said yes, you were, but it was unpleasant hearing about it. He felt hurt when he realized that every time I've ranted to him about you, it hasn't been because I've grown to dislike you or anything— it's because I'm furious that I can't be with you. He started to cry, saying he didn't want to be the second choice. He 'didn't want to be competing for his own wife's affections with a woman who would win every time.' So he just... left. He took off to the Bayou and I didn't follow after him."

She got up before Eisa even got a chance to respond. "I really should go, I've said enough, and you probably have other things to be worried about, instead of my dumb drama..."

"Sit," beckoned Eisa, lowering her back into her seat. "All is well now."

"Is all really well? There is always a new danger, and I can't imagine that it's settled down just now."

"It is all well. For the most part."

"How can you be sure?"

Eisa started to explain, "Nik got Cami back after only a bit of difficulty; he has her at the Compound with Isela. He also has the Serratura, and Stefan Salvatore is on his way with one of the Heretics to try and disable it. Meanwhile, Marcel is helping Davina out after she got shunned by her Coven, but at least, it leaves Tristan unable to recruit her, because he doesn't know that some power lingers in her. He thinks her useless, but she actually isn't."

Hayley shook her head, overwhelmed with all the information. "Wait, wait, what happened with Cami?"

"Oh, well, Nik, Lucien, and— I should mention that Rebekah went with them— got to the penthouse just as the little bitch tried to kidnap Cami to hurt Nik. It seems she went to Lucien's penthouse to get the Serratura before he could give it to our family. Instead, she found Cami there, and she wanted to take her, to hurt Nik. My siblings got there at the perfect time. They easily got Cami away from Aurora, and according to my baby sister, it all made the little brat cry.

"She was bawling about how she couldn't believe that Rebekah of all people would prefer to see her brother with Cami instead of Aurora. Rebekah said something along the lines of her never having wanted to turn Aurora in the first place, because she never quite liked her for the part of 'sister-in-law.' You can imagine how that went. They got lucky, because they were able to go into Aurora's mind, and they found out that she'd already compelled Cami to kill herself."

Hayley's eyes went wide. "She'd done what?"

Eisa sighed gravely. "Yes, it would seem Aurora had compelled her to drink her blood, kill herself, and be turned into a vampire on the day she knew for certain that Niklaus loved her. Their first 'I love you's' would have been marred with tragedy. Nik and Rebekah got Aurora to undo the compulsion. She got away, unfortunately... Lucien kept them from killing her. We'll locate Aurora soon. No doubt, Tristan had her committed again. He's prancing around with The Strix, business as usual. He'll give in. He can't tolerate faking kindness toward me for this long."

Hayley let out a breath of relief. "Well... it does seem to have all gone okay. Poor Davina, though..."

Eisa nodded solemnly. "I'll be off to see her soon. I need to make an offer."