(5) Thrifted Youth

Cassiopeia groaned as Finnick sweeped her leg out from under her. Evaluations were tomorrow and they were jamming in training sessions wherever they could fit. "lock those ankles and knees Cass, you know this!" Finnick scolded her and she nodded, rubbing her ankle. "Cass I know its stressful but this IS A matter of life or death. So with all do respect, get your shit together!" Finnick said and Cassiopeia nodded.

"ok."

~~~~~~

"District four, Cassiopeia Juikan." The speaker announced and Cassiopeia drew in a shaky breath and stood up. She walked through the sliding doors and looked around, there were many game makers there and they were staring at her intently. They didn't expect much from her, she needed to surprise them.

Cassiopeia grabbed four knifes and a trident. She went over to the dummys and took a deep breath. This was it, this was the moment that decided whether she would get sponsors or not.

She raised the trident and threw it straight into the chest of the first figure, then turned and slashed a knife into the seconds neck. She threw one to the side with a flick of her wrist and it embedded itself into the head. She retrieved the trident and stabbed it into ones chest, and finally, slashed the last dummys neck.

Cassiopeia was panting when she turned and saw the game makers writing on their clipboards. The door opened and with a sigh Cassiopeia left. All she had to do now was the interview with Ceasar then she would be in the arena.

~'|•|'~

"Cassiopeia dear we are so proud of you! And you too Evam of course." Someone was speaking but Cassiopeia didn't know who, she was far to busy waiting for her results to come onto the screen. The screen turned on and Cassiopeia shrieked "it's on!" She said and everyone turned towards the screen. Cassiopeia watched everyone of the careers score high, then, it was District four. "And from district four, Cassiopeia Juikan with a score of... Oh my, A score of 11!" Cassiopeia's heart stopped beating as everyone around her cheered, she had done it, she would get sponsors. She could survive.

~'|•|'~

At the interviews

"Now lets welcome onto the stage, the unexpected volunteer from district four, Cassiopeia Juikan!" Ceasar said and the crowd went wild.

"Cassiopeia welcome! How are you feeling." Ceasar greeted her and asked her a question, Cassiopeia flashed a smile and giggled, "what a hard question, I'm definitely nervous but I'm also confident, I have a great mentor and I feel ready!"

"That's good, your looking stunning tonight! What was the inspiration for the dress?" Ceasar asked and Cassiopeia laughed, she didn't know.

"oh uhm, well, everything I've worn, the aura I've given off is childish and sweet, I've smiled, I've worn pastels and rainbows, but we thought it was time to show the world that I'm here to win. I'm a warrior and I'm a member of the districts and I'm a, pardon my language, badass! And we needed to show people I'm bold, so what better than a red dress!"

(dress below)

"oh yes! Yes its brilliant! And you look like a winner tonight!" Ceasar cheered along with the crowd

"oh yes! Yes its brilliant! And you look like a winner tonight!" Ceasar cheered along with the crowd. "Now tell me about your rating! It was unexpected!" Ceasar said and she faked a laugh, flashing a smile Finnick told her was charming. "I dunno, im good with knives and a trident, I can maim and kill." She said, A practiced answer, this interview wasn't just for the Capitol.

"very good, very good!, now tell me, was their anyone special in district four?" Ceasar asked and Cassiopeia's grin faltered. "maybe, maybe not, I think ill let you be the judge." She said charmingly and Ceasar laughed along with the crowd. "Cassiopeia Juikan everybody! We wish you luck my girl!" Ceasar said and Cassiopeia waved to the crowd and made her way out. As soon as she left their eyesight her smile fell and a grim face took its place, Cassiopeia was going to die, she wasn't ready, she wasn't.

"stop overthinking, you've got this." Finnick tried to comfort her as he led her to the elevator.

All she had to do now was survive.

Not that hard.

Right?

~'|•|'~

Im so sorry this chapter took forever to write and upload but it's here!

Next chapter comes the games! Will the odds be ever in her favor? Or cloves?!