021- friends & enemies

Start from the beginning

and sukuna wanted to make it his best effort, to make that statement a lie.

°°°

"hey." you said, taking the seat across from maki. "can i talk to you?"

"sure. what's up?"

"you don't know how your sister's technique works, right?" remembering the conversation you two had earlier about mai, she had told you that she has kept her cursed technique a secret from her twin.

"nope. not a clue." mai said, taking another bite of her sandwich.

"this is a guess, so take it with a grain of salt. but i think it could be some form of creation or construction."

"mhmm." she hummed, waiting for you to elaborate.

"just a shitty form of it though." feeling the need to fidget, you poked around the salt shaker that was on the table. "if she's so dependent on that revolver of her's, why doesn't she use a handheld gun that doesn't display the number of bullets she has left? a pistol, for instance."

there was a presence near you that was starting to boil your blood, very similar to the one when you were in the hallway with inumaki. not wanting to worry maki, you pretended everything was fine.

"it's self-sabotage... unless she's using it as a distraction. if she can create bullets, her opponent would be caught off guard when they get shot with a seemingly empty revolver."

furrowing her brows, she covered her mouth to talk, "if she can create things, why doesn't she just create a better weapon?"

"that's why i'm thinking it's real shitty. if she could 'just create a better weapon', she wouldn't feel the need to conceal her technique." stretching your limbs, you got up to leave. "it probably requires a lot of energy to create something from thin air, but that's all i got in mind right now."

maki noticed your aura change, but decided not to dwell on it. you were a strong girl after all. "thank you."

"anytime!" you answered with a smile, picking up your bag.

suddenly, she grabbed your wrist. 'the hell is with everyone grabbing me today?' "if you ever need to talk... i'm here, okay?"

from those words alone, you understood that you weren't so subtle about feeling uncomfortable with whatever presence was bothering you. you nodded at your upperclassman, thankful for her concern.

you made your way back to the original table that your friends were at, before they could say hello, you dropped your bag next to megumi with a thud and walked out of the cafeteria, following the pesky presence that was leaving.

it felt like a silent game of cat and mouse, following the faint trail of cursed energy that had to be from a student. you walked swiftly, zooming past corners until you found what you were looking for.

bingo.

quickly, you put a hand over their mouth to avoid the chance that they would yell for help and held their arms behind them.

"we gotta stop meeting like this." you told kamo, pulling his head back just enough so you could bring your lips to his ear.

he started to thrash around to leave your grasp, mumbling sounds escaping his lips. "now, if you keep fucking moving around like that," you said softly, "what says that i won't kill you right here?"

that was enough for him to stay still. "good boy." you whispered to him, your nose touching his cold skin. he shivered at the simple notion, despite your hands already being on him. you were confused as to why he was so frightened by your sole presence. 'might as well give him something to be afraid of.'

"alright, babe, you're gonna do me a simple favor." the two of you were facing a window, one that showed your reflections. you couldn't help but drum your fingers against his cheek, thinking about your next move.

your eyes started to glow white. tilting your head down, you talked to him through the reflection with a snarl of your features.

"who else are y'all fuckers trying to kill?"

*

a/n: i can't wait till i release megumi and (y/n) fighting along side each other. it's giving power duo😚.