021- friends & enemies

Start from the beginning

you felt his pulse rise, the already fast heartbeat doubling on speed. you smirked at this, the taste of victory dancing on your lips. and after a few more seconds of intense eye contact, he pulled both hands back, not before you noticed the small smirk he had on his face. that's was when you realized...

"you're fucking with me, aren't you?" you lightly chuckled. he smiled, pushing his tongue against his cheek. "i'll remember that." you said as you picked up your bag to leave.

"i was joking!" he said loud enough for you to hear, automatically receiving the middle finger from you as you continued to walk away.

"damn, that was hot."

"ryōmen, literally suck my whole dick." you spat, hearing his deep voice from several feet away. he refrained from sarcastically replying, "with pleasure."

"that was hot." yuuji repeated once you were out of earshot. rolling his eye, sukuna seeped back into his vessel's skin. "shit, let me make her my wallpaper now."

"you mean she already wasn't?" nobara asked. proudly, she turned on her phone and flipped it so the other two boys could see. her lock screen was a picture of you, her, and gojo wearing avocado face masks with pink bows in each other's hair.

"cool! let me see your phone, fushiguro!" without waiting for permission, he snatched megumi's device.

"give it back!" he growled, but yuuji had already switched the phone on. a series of "aww"'s followed.

his lock screen was an old picture of the two of you in a flower field. you both had various flowers in your hair and behind your ears. megumi was carrying you on his back as you held your arms in the air. the sun was setting, leaving an ethereal glow bouncing off of your skin as you both smiled for the camera.

"i have never seen you smile like that, fushiguro." nobara admitted. yuuji nodded in agreement. "you're always sighing and rolling your eyes."

sighing and rolling his eyes, he said, "i don't do that."

"fushiguro, what's your password." yuuji suddenly asked.

"i'm not telling y-"

"is it (y/n)'s birthday?"

"no, it's not."

"yeah, it was (y/n)'s birthday. damn, you're obsessed, huh?" yuuji smirked. "don't blame ya, brother."

"i will be changing my passwo— wait, what did you say!?"

"WAIT, I'M IN THIS PHOTO!" nobara gleamed.

when the four of you were on a late-night mission for training, gojo decided to pick you guys up in one of his unnecessarily huge cars. exhaustion got the best of you all, and so, satoru thought it was the perfect time to take a selfie.

in the back of the car, yuuji and nobara rested their heads against each other fast asleep and you had your head on megumi's shoulder as he kept an arm around you. even though he was also passed out, his hand was still covering the wound you had from the mission that was on your upper arm, not letting any more danger come to it. as gojo sat in the driver's seat, his pearly white smile held a deep contrast to your tired bodies riddled with cuts and scrapes.

"i remember that mission! my hair smelled like acid for days!" nobara huffed. itadori was staring at the image with a solemn smile on his face, one that megumi understood the meaning of.

why was it megumi's lock screen? it reminded him of one thing.

as long as we were together, everything would be okay.