𝐝𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐚𝐮 | daminette

Start from the beginning

"And did you even hear what Lie-la said? She was like Me and Damiboo are soulmates. He's such a sweetheart, always buying me gifts." Alix chimed in, doing a remarkable imitation of Lila.

Marinette snorted at that. "Hey guys, do you wanna come to the bakery to pack? We're leaving tomorrow anyway."

Everyone nodded excitedly.

☆☆☆☆☆

The next day, at the airport....

Marinette was so excited to go, she couldn't even keep still. Tikki and Kaalki giggled at her enthusiasm. As Marinette was the Guardian now, she could take whatever miraculous she wanted. She also had the miracle box inside her suitcase, just to be safe.

She was so lost in thought, she nearly jumped out of her skin when Alix saw her and yelled "Hey Mari! Come on, we're about to leave right now!"

Marinette rushed over to her friends and walked with them to the desk while Lila's sheep followed her. Nino joked with her as they walked and said "Wow, Mari's actually on time for once."

She laughed at him and shot back "Oh hush you, I'm perfectly capable of being on time."

Max snorted at that. He said "According to my data you have been late 98% of the time, so-"

He was rudely interrupted by Lila, who was holding pieces of paper. She simpered "Oh Marinette, I'm so sorry for you, but your ticket is completely spoilt. You can't possibly go now!"

Alya sneered at her and said "Good riddance!"

The lady at the counter, seeing her issue, said "That's no problem, we have one extra seat in the first class, your classmate can sit there. It's on the house too. That's no issue right?" she asked Marinette.

Marinette smiled gratefully at her and said "No, of course not!"

She stifled a giggle when she saw Lila's face turning into an...interesting shade of purple.

☆☆☆☆☆

After the plane landed in Gotham, the class went together, to the bus that would take them to their hotel. Thank Kwami Lila didn't try anything else. They were each given their own rooms, and as class representative, Marinette got to have a room on her own.

Lila kicked up a fuss about that. She whined to the hotel manager "But I need a room for myself because I have diseases."

The hotel manager rolled his eyes at her and replied calmly "I'm sorry ma'am but you were supposed to write that in the folder that was given to us. As you didn't Ms Dupain-Cheng will be getting the room."

Lila stomped her foot - actually stomped her foot - and flounced off to her room with her flunkies following her. Alix and Kim burst out laughing at her 3-year-old tantrum as they were walking to their rooms.

When Marinette entered hers, she looked around. It wasn't too small, with plain cream walls and light furniture scattered around. Tikki and Kaalki flew out of her bag as she changed and dropped into bed like a stone.

Jetlag was a pain.

☆☆☆☆☆

Marinette woke up to the sounds of Tikki and Kaalki yelling at her to get up. When she saw the time she shrieked and ran around getting ready as fast as possible. Her class was supposed to leave in 5 minutes!

Once she was ready, she took off like a shot, down the stairs into the hall, Tikki's luck preventing her from tripping down and breaking a bone. She arrived in time only to see the bus taking off without her.