Chapter Fourteen: Party

Start from the beginning

And actually, it was pretty fun even if his face was flaming red most of the time.

Dancing, even if it was Zay he was dancing with, was freeing in a way. The elegant flick of the wrist, the smooth steps across the floor, the rhythmic tap of their feet in time to the simple music, it was all mystifying in a way.

"May I?" Calico suddenly tapped on Zay's shoulder, extending a hand towards Kade, breaking the little dancing spell that Kade and Zay had.

"Whew! Be my guest!" Zay exclaimed, dropping Kade's hand and brushing the hair off of her sweaty forehead. "Damn maybe Kade can be your teacher, he might be even better than I am. Are you sure you've never danced before?"

"Oh I've danced, just not with other people." Kade corrected, though it didn't take him a lot to remember pretending he was dancing with someone when he was younger, longing for a partner he never had.

"Well it's amazing. The serenity you just had is even more peaceful than when you slept for a day straight." Calico complimented, starting to take Kade's hand to start dancing.

One thing dancing with Calico that Kade hadn't taken into consideration before- was the fact that Kade would be playing the female role. Which he didn't mind so much really, until Calico's fingers brushed his waist to hold onto.

Instantly Kade's mouth parted breathing a little different, his body subconsciously flinching under the foreign touch to his torso, hating the fact that it reminded him of Aaron trying to get into his pants.

Zay must've sensed something was a little off, because she looked like she almost jumped in, but luckily someone else did the interrupting.

"Mr. Calico it is time for your fitting." A high pitched snobby voice coughed, making his presence made obvious to the group.

"Later then-" Calico grinned, nodding towards Kade and Zay before following the person out of the ballroom.

"Wowwwww-" Zay didn't hold back, almsot laughing at the way Kade buried his red face in his hands as soon as Calico left the room.

"What!?" Kade groaned, knowing exactly what it was, dragging his hands down his face to start nibbling on one of the small piercings in his lip.

"I couldn't tell if that was sheer gay panic or sensitivity to touch or what, but it was hilarious!" Zay giggled as she and Kade started to wonder the mansion on their own again.

"It's not! Well maybe, but I'm not used to touch really, at least touch I can trust, plus it just reminded me of something I'd rather forget and I- maybe it was gay panic but I don't even know if I like him like that or just as a friend!" Kade insisted, the too many factors as to why Kade reacted the way he did, clashing into the hot mess that just happened.
"Besides, it's weird knowing he-" at that, Kade trailed off. But they both knew what he meant. The confession was hard to forget after all.

He was worth the wait.

Well Kade sure hoped that Calico was a patient person, because Kade couldn't make up his damn mind for anything.

"I get that." Zay shrugged, deciding to not pester him with pushing about the subject.
"It's weird knowing someone likes you that way when you're unsure of your own feelings towards them. And look, you know it's totally okay to reject him if you come to the conclusion you don't like him right? Calico might be a slight bit bummed, but he'd rather just be your friend than push you into being in a relationship you don't want."

Kade didn't know how to respond to that, wishing it was as simple as telling someone no. At least, he wished all boys were like that and would leave him alone after him saying no, *cough Aaron cough*