LAPSE

warning 🚨;
this chapter contains blood, usage of weapons, strong use of language, depictions of abduction.

_________________

BULGASARI COMPLEX
GANGNAM, SOUTH KOREA

Bomin stared at the heap of books that stood on the coffee table, papers scattered across the surface. There were red markings on those papers, answers being marked in red. Most of the questions asked, Bomin couldn't seem to understand. Or maybe he could no longer take the pressure anymore, being the top student inside the medical field. The male huffed, his gaze boring into the papers that lied on the table.

A pen was inside Bomin's hand, he moved the pen between each finger, trying to think. He only shook his head, anger being pushed down to his throat and coming deep inside his chest. What's the point of studying if I'm only doing this for the ones who I care for? The male set the pen down, looking at the clock that was hung from one side of the wall. It's not like they care anyway. Jibeom. Jaehyun. Or Sungyoon. Much less Daeyeol, who was in charge of paying his tuition.

It's not like I need anyone's help.

A knock was heard inside the room, Bomin's head turning to the noise. "Bomin, you need to come to Daeyeol's office. There's something he wants to talk to you about."

Bomin grimaced, hearing Jibeom's muffled voice through the door. He rose from his seat, walking toward the door and opened it. "Is there something wrong?"

Jibeom didn't answer, leaving Bomin to question why he was needed in Daeyeol's office. The black haired male brushed his shoulder against Jibeom's, shoving passed him as he walked out of the guest room. He could hear his own footsteps inside the penthouse, steps pounding off the walls as he walked toward a room that was set across the living room.

Bomin took a look at the penthouse, eyes looking up to see the view. The walls were painted a white creme color, different paintings aligning the walls. A long endless marbled staircase placed almost at the center of the space, the stairs leading up to where the residents of the penthouse slept. There were no flaws inside, everything placed neatly and orderly with a precise care. The hundredth floor, the closest to sky. . . where heaven lay.

The male stopped at the door of the office, a silent step being made. He chewed on his lip, eyes drifting away from the door. His hand pulled on the door, opening it to enter. "Ryu Bomin."

Bomin slowly lifted his head, steps slowly coming inside the room. He stood close to the door, bowing to the tall male that was standing a few feet away from him. "Is there a reason why you called me over here?"

"Bomin-ssi, I heard that you didn't pass the final exam. The sheet was blank." Daeyeol's voice sounded disapproving, almost disappointed.

His arms were folded across his upper body, standing tall as he proceeded to walk closer to Bomin. "Is there perhaps a reason behind that?"

"Why do you care about my whereabouts? I am the one who studies, not you. You only pay for my tuition." Bomin told him, pinching his voice as he slowly grew tired of the atmosphere around him.