OUR MEMORIES TO LIES [2/2 SPECIAL]

warning ; 🚨
the following scenes contain strong imagery of suicide, blood, mentions of mental disorders, depictions of self harm, medicine usage, weapon usage, gory details of murder.

a/n;
this special is a preview to the future chapters. this is not the present timeline of the book.

______________

TOP MIND CLINIC
PSYCHIATRIC HOSPITAL
GANGNAM, SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA

"Dr. Cha, I need to hear something from you." Joochan was sitting in front of a long known friend.

"About what?" The woman crossed her arms over her crossed legs as she took a seat on a cushioned chair.

Joochan sighed, looking out into the city through the cloudy glass of a window. He saw the snow, falling quietly. His blonde hair was darker than the snow that fell, falling across his tarnished brown eyes. "You once said that you didn't know him. Choi Sungyoon."

"Geugon gojinmariossoyo. . ." Joochan's voice gradually became brittle, looking into the woman's pale face.

That was a lie.

"You knew, didn't you?" He leaned forward from his chair.

"The fact that. . . Sungyoon was Youngtaek's friend."

Dr. Cha's face grew paler, her eyes focused on each movement of Joochan's eyes. Her ears caught each word that left the male's mouth, the woman's face still and quiet.

"Geuronde Songnyunineun Yongtaegeul giok mot haneun got gatayo. Jogeumdo." Joochan told her, eyes falling to his hands.

But Sungyoon doesn't seem to remember Youngtaek.

At all.

"But I know for a fact that they were friends. I was there." The blonde haired male affirmed, nodding his head as he remembered.

"Museun iringayo?" Joochan's face hardened, waiting for the doctor's response.

What happened?

"Dangsini algo inneun jinsireun muosimnikka?" The male noticed the nervous gaze the woman held, her mouth hesitating to respond.

What is the truth that you know?

Dr. Cha let out a small laughter, her giggles filling the thick walls of her office. A hand covered her full red lips, muffling her laughs. "Wah~, Mr. Hong, I understand, now. Everyone whom you question has the same look on their faces!"

Joochan only stared at her, the woman's laughter slowly fading. Even her jokes becoming bitter in the still air, the young male's hard stare dissolving the doctor's humor. She cleared her throat loudly, swallowing hard as she positioned herself straight. The atmosphere was cold and stifling, the doctor sighing in grief as she remembered one of her dearest patients.

"The thing is. . ." Dr. Cha paused, hands tightening with sadness.

"Songnyunineun aju oraetttongan je hwanjayossoyo." She confessed, a small smile coming to her frown.

Sungyoon had been my patient for a very long time.

"3 months after what had happened to Sungyoon's mother. . . a friend of his had came to me. At first, I didn't know that Sungyoon was Youngtaek's friend," The middle-aged woman began, her mind falling back into the past.