PROLOGUE

Heirs series #1 : Eres Academy (Complete)

Heirs series #2 : Starry Knights

DISCLAIMER: This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, locales, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

The story's setting is a complete construction of my own imagination. Thank you for giving it a try.

This story is unedited it may have typographical or grammatical errors. Sorry about that. I'd get back to this after I finish the series. 

                                       ***

The bus tires screeched as it reached its stop.

"This is the last stop young lady." The bus driver turned to me. Utter annoyance displayed on his face, probably because I was the last passenger on his bus. More- over because I was the reason he couldn't retire for the day.

I folded my newspaper and stood up. "Thank you, Mister," I smiled at him before hopping down. The cold air greeted me as soon as I got out of the bus.

"Who uses newspapers nowadays." The old bus driver muttered under his breathe.

I waved bye to the bus driver as he drove away through the streets.

When the traffic light turned red, I folded my newspaper before I crossed the pedestrian lane along side other busy people minding their own businesses. It was a normal day in town.

Across the street was the Metropolitan library, it's vast pillars and glass main door came into view. My brown coat, white scarf and boots reflected in the library's glass main door.

I opened the doors and went inside. Throwing my newspaper in the library's trashcan. 

The Metropolitan library is one of the Town's biggest attractions, probably because of its structure, and wide variety of books. Only thing is, not many enjoy reading nowadays.

I paced through the library into one of the book sections. I started to run my hands through the edges of the books before getting a random one.

"You're going to read that?"

I turned to my side and found a little girl with glossy pig tails eyeing the book I had, her arms were crossed with a judging look on her face. "That's written in French."

I looked at the book and then at her. A smile formed on my lips. "C'est vrai?" I crouched down to her level and spoke. "Souvenez- vou, personne ne sait tout."

The girl went from judgmental to speechless in a matter of seconds.