"Good luck," I said once our embrace ended. I looked down at the flowers in my hands and held them out to her. "I'll put these in your room."

"Thanks, Harry," she said timidly, obviously very nervous about what was happening. She turned back around to continue walking with the doctor, but I called her name once again.

I gave her a light peck on the lips. "I love you."

Her plump lips spread across her face, revealing some of her white teeth. "I love you too."

I watched her slowly walk away, until I couldn't see her any longer. I walked back to her room, setting the flowers on her bed. I was really, really anxious. You see, over the last few months, Emma has been slowly making a recovery, and she was about to take one test. It was the moment of truth. The results would show if she was cancer-free or not. 

When she came out of her coma, everything was fine. Emma hadn't remembered my two week trip to America, the Quinn McPhee rumors, or even sky-diving. I had contemplated on telling her, but I couldn't hurt her again, just when things were going so great. So for now, what she doesn't know won't kill her (no pun intended).

I paced around her small hospital room for a half an hour until I heard the door handle turn. I stopped in my tracks and looked up to where Emma was gracefully standing in the doorway. 

She slowly walked to her bed before sitting down and idly fiddling with the roses. I had so badly wanted to ask her what the results were, but I didn't want to pry.

"They won't know for another hour or so," she informed me, as if reading my mind.

I slightly nodded while taking a seat on the uncomfortable couch. My eyes flicked over to Emma, the sight of her short blonde hair, gleaming blue eyes, and filled-out face giving me a little bit of hope, but I couldn't rely on her physique. I needed answers.

Neither of us said a word, the anxiety in the room was quite enough to fill the silence.

**

(EMMA'S POV)

The sixty minutes ticked by obnoxiously slow, making Harry and I only more apprehensive and afraid. My eyes studied the gorgeous bouquet Harry had gotten me, hoping that the beautiful gold rimming would put my mind at ease. Unfortunately, that didn't work. I looked up, making eye contact with my boyfriend. His mouth formed into his adorable smile, yet I still saw the worry in his eyes. We didn't need to say anything to communicate, we both knew that the information we would soon have would be amazing or horrible. 

Finally, the moment came when my doctor stepped inside my room. I searched his eyes, trying to find an answer, but he didn't give anything away.

"We just got the results back...," he said, building up the tension as if there wasn't enough already.