Chapter Fourteen - Unwanted News

Start from the beginning

Jacob called me on the phone and we talked for hours. I missed him so much and was anxious for him to come over again. I told him he should try some of the soup Grandmaw made for me and he said that he would. Daddy was nice enough to run some over to him while we were still on the phone with each other.

Daddy heated it up for him and then came back home.

"Hey, this smells pretty good," Jacob said over the phone. I heard him sip some from a spoon. "What's in this? It is great!"

"It's mountain lion meat and all of its blood," I said excitedly. I was happy he liked it but then I heard him gagging and spitting. "Jacob? Are you alright?"

Daddy was laughing now and I looked at him with a mixed expression of a scowl and confusion.

"Um, yea Ness, I'm good. Just swallowed wrong," he coughed a little more. "Thanks Nessie and tell Esme it was delicious."

Daddy was still laughing. I gave him an evil eye and then smiled. He was being silly because he knew Jacob would do that after he found out what the soup was made of.  I rolled my eyes as Uncle Emmet began to laugh crazily after Daddy told him what Jacob did.

Jacob wanted to come over so badly but he still had the shivers and didn't want to get me sick again; even though I got over it in a matter of hours. I wished Jacob could get over it that fast too but he wasn't half vampire.

I sighed with Jacob.

The day Aunt Alice and Uncle Jasper arrived home Jacob was finally well enough to come over for a visit. I was so happy. I finally had Jacob, Alice and Jasper back.

The snow had piled up higher and was so deep that I had to stay on the porch or I would literally get lost in the white sea of snow. I had hugs and kisses for all of them. Not so many for Jacob though because I knew Daddy would be upset.

After greeting Alice and Jasper home all the adult's disappeared into the dining room to discuss the Renee situation.

She would be here tomorrow morning and then things would change. I saw that Aunt Alice had incomplete visions of Renee being sad over something but didn't have the specifics.

At least she didn't know I knew those specifics. I was glad she didn't know I knew more than she did.

Jacob and I played Wii as their meeting went on for hours. Jacob had to eventually leave for patrol again but everyone was still busy discussing how they were going to pull off Mommy's human look.

Since it had gotten pretty late, I curled up on the couch and fell asleep. Aunt Rosalie woke me that next morning and I looked around for Mommy and Daddy.

"Where are my Mom and Dad?"  

"They left already to go pick up Renee sweet heart. I'm sorry. I told them they shouldn't do it like this but they didn't want to see you upset before they left in case you wanted to go with them." She sat next to me and put an arm around my tiny frame.

I shrugged and sighed, "Nothing new Aunt Rose." I was severely disappointed. I would have gotten over my issues of not being able to go if they woke me to say good bye but now I felt that much more upset towards them. Not trusting me to not throw a fit.

"We need to get you ready." Rosalie said as she stood up.

I heard her thoughts on how she had to get me to Jacob's house; a task she wasn't looking forward to. She also thought I would put up a huge fuss but I surprised her there. I knew it wouldn't be long before I could return and meet Renee.

I had my own privileged information and felt deviously proud of it too.

I cleaned myself up and Rosalie ran with me to Jacob's who was waiting anxiously on his front porch.