𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣

The boy had been classified a curse the very next day. While the child laid in the infirmary, the higher up, Gojo, and Yuuji (they couldn't get him to leave) surrounded his still unconscious body. The room was silent as they just stared at him, waiting for him to wake up.

Internally, Yuuji was conflicted, he wished he hand three hands. Because on one hand, this boy looks like a literal kicked puppy. On the other hand, this boy was chucked out of a television the other day. On the third hand, Gojo said he was a curse, a humanoid curse like Mahito-- no, stop, he didn't want to ever bring that evil bastard into anything unless it was a six foot hole. The teenager leaned back in his seat while he thought deeper. Do good curses exist? He wondered. Well, there's Fushiguro's Shikigami, but I don't know if they really count.

The raven haired boy resting on the bed began to stir. Gojo silently urged the other two males to leave the room. They obeyed, Yuuji a bit confused on why they had to leave, before the realization hit that the boy might actually be a boy and would be scared by three strangers. Cheekily, Itadori followed that line of thinking with the thought Well, if I were a child I would faint if I was met with the higher up. He's so gaunt and eyes so sunken I would mistake him as a monster. So, the two males waited outside of the room, Itadori holding in a smile his lips that wanted to tug into a smile when he heard a yelp and a thump on the floor. It was very smart of Gojo to take the higher up away from the infirmary

"GAH! WHO ARE YOU?!"

Gojo blinked through his mask in surprise. In all honesty, he expected the curse to just look like a child and really be like eight eons old. The silver haired man didn't know how to confront a child-- who, mind you, looked like a third grader. A third grader who had tumbled onto the floor and is now examining his bandages with confusion and panic.

The older man sighed, "You fell out of a television. Care to explain?" the sorcerer pinched his lips, a habit even he wasn't aware about when conflicted or annoyed. Was he supposed to treat the kid like a curse... or should he follow his morals and treat him like his age?

A look of astonishment and relief fell onto the boy's features. He took in all the details of the pristine white room with a new look of gratitude. He drifted his gaze back to the.. man? He's not a viewer, but he's not a monster, or six-- no, no, he never wanted to think of her again.

Mono supposed that at this point it didn't matter what the blindfolded figure in front of him was, at this point, he could really only care about if he's trustworthy or not.

"Erm, yeah. I escaped." The younger replied sheepishly, crawling back onto the infirmary bed, missing it's warmth. He'd never been on a bed before. It was a very relaxing experience. These people are so lucky, to have a fluffy bed all the time. What did they even use it for?

The man didn't answer for a few moments, only stared (at least, Mono thought that was what he was doing, he couldn't be sure with that weird blindfold)

"What's your name?"

"...Mono."

He, the man, seemed to gain back some of his usual personality back to say his next sentence. "Well, Mono, I'm Satoru Gojo," he held up a three-finger peace sign "and you are a curse."

Mono's mouth formed in an o shape, accepting the information in a way Gojo hadn't expected. Ah, so that's what I am? he thought I've just been calling myself Mono since forever, I've always wondered what species I was. And it was true. He wasn't a Viewer, he wasn't a monster like The Teacher or The Doctor, the closest he could come to as a species that he used to describe himself would be 'Rational'

"I.... am?"

The sorcerer fought back the urge to gape. He didn't know?

"Yep! Do you know where you are?"

"I don't"

That makes sense, Gojo supposed.

The man stood up. "You're in Tokyo Perfectual— perfectu—PREFECTURAL, Prefectural Jujutsu High School," even he had trouble with the name, slurring and stuttering on his words. "Just call it school." The boy nodded obediently, though for some reason he shivered from the word "school"

Like hell I am— he apologized to whoever he thought could read his mind for his language— too many memories. I'll just call it Jujutsu, I guess.

Gojo opened his mouth to ask another question, taking a step closer to the bed where mono sat cross legged "How old are you, Mono?" the boy went deep into thought, counting a bit of his fingers before giving up. Mono sighed "I don't know"

Huh, okay.

"Well, how old do you think you are? Let's guess-timate here." The sorcerer said airily, his hands now casually on his hips. Mono went deep into thought. There was that one year when he was born, of course. Then the year he figured out how to walk, then when he escaped his first viewer, and the year after that he killed his first viewer, after that year he made his first fire (that the rain extinguished, but the boy was grateful for his first warmth none the less), for five-- no, four years he continued his "life", it didn't really feel like one. Then he met her-- and that... ordeal happened just a few weeks ago. Mono physically grimaced at thought, his face turning gloomy, even if he didn't realize it. Unfortunately, Gojo did. He didn't say anything about it.

"I... I think I'm eleven-- no... wait. No, no, I'm ten." The child was quick to fix his mistake.

Gojo nodded and made a "follow me" motion. I bit hesitantly, Mono slipped off the bed to make his way to the man. I don't trust him, he thought but I can't be hostile for the life of me. "You're going to meet one-- or two-- people outside that door. One looks like someone necromanced him back to life, and the other is, put basically, a pink fluffy dog. Fair warning. Got that?" Gojo said in that same light tone. Mono felt his lips tug into a smile. Wow, this was so cool! This man is so nice and talkative, nothing like her.

He's broken the loop. Or more-- they've broken the loop. What would his life be like now?