Even though he's looking at me, the dickhead doesn't speak.

"Accept my resignation letter."

He seems to think about it. "No." He finally answers after two minutes. Can I pull his hair out of his big head?

He moves his chair backward making me lose my balance at the same time someone decides to walk in, my guess is Alec or Caden. I grip his shoulders to stop myself from falling while he grabs my wrists to keep me from falling. Before I can remove my hands, the intruder whistles.

"Caught you in 4k." Caden says before a flash goes off. He's not alone, Alec stands beside him, grinning like the fool he is.

I quickly jump off his desk. "Don't stop on our account." He says raising his hands up in the air. I flip him off before turning back to his unbearable brother. "I'm not coming back to work." I tell him before walking out.

"You forgot your shoes." Alec yells after me.

I raise both my hands in the air, flipping both of them again and make my way to my office. I quickly pack my things and wear the fucking shoes.

I send a text to the group chat which consists of me, Logan, Caleb and Mellisa that I'm going on so they won't wait for me for lunch.

........

It's been a week since I've gone to the office. I didn't receive a single email or a message for my absence so I guess I'm fired. Good. I have an interview today at 9, I quickly changed into a beige shirt and high-waisted black pants, pairing them with black flats. I did my everyday make-up and had some breakfast before collecting my things.

I opened the door and stepped out only to clash into someone. I knew who it was, the cologne was all too familiar.

A sigh escaped my lips before I could stop myself. "What do you want?" I asked, looking up at him. He didn't reply but touched my forehead with a concerned frown on his face.

"Are you okay?" He asked. Why did he think I'm not okay?

"Yes I am..are you okay?" I ask, scrunching my nose.

"You're not coming to work." He says.

Work? I thought I got fired? "I thought I am fired?" I say, looking at him in confusion. "I actually have an interview." I tell him.

"What? No. You're not fired and you're not giving any interview." He states.

"I am. Now go to your office and I'll go to my interview." I say, crossing my arms.

"Celesteeeee." A shrill voice interrupted. It was our neighbour, Jessie. She talks way too much and way too loud and still dresses up like 15 year olds. I'm not in the mood to handle her today. She's always asking about Luke or Logan, it seems like she senses when there's a guy in my house.

"Is that your boyfriend?" She asked loudly.

"Yes Jessie, now we'd like to have some privacy. It was nice to meet you." I say to her before pushing Chase inside and closing the door.

He opens his mouth to speak something but I keep my hand on his mouth and look at the shadow of her feet outside the door.

"I've missed you much." I say loudly to make sure she hears. She'll leave when she thinks we're doing something. She's a germaphobe, kissing is gross according to her. Any type of physical contact? Gross.

5 seconds later, her feet were gone from my doorstep. I removed my hand from his mouth. I swear I saw a little smile on his face before it went away like it was never there. A hint of dimples made it more adorable.