She huffed and then started walking towards the table set phone. Victory. I stood up to gather my stuff and quickly tumbled back onto the bed. What the? I tried to stand up again but did the same. But this time I passed out. 

Connor's POV

I swear one day I'm going to kick one of those office ladies. They seriously need to calm their tits. I stomped down the hallway where the firecracker was. There still is a black skid mark from it. I got to thinking I don't think that a simple firecracker can make a person pass out. The clues don't fit. I shook it off. I walked back into Mr. Bullard's room and everybody stared at me as the door opened. Everytime.

    "What's the verdict?"

Realizing he was talking to me, I responded with a simple I don't know. I sat down. The very center of the room. A great view to look at everyone. I really like to see everybody. I'd rather not have people stareing at me from behide. Talking behide my back. This way, no surprises. I hate surprises. I like to know things before hand. 

The class seemed to go on for hours. It was only 55 minutes too. We were working on point-slope intercept but all I could think of was Sofie. I don't even know the girl. And now I'm stressing about everything she does. About keeping her safe. She isn't even in danger. I  just can't stop thinking. I never think. I think I like her. But what if she doesn't like me? She always seems to ignore me when I'm around. 

    "Connor. Connor Franta."

    "What? Sorry."

    "What is the definition of slope-intercept?"

I paused. I never got something wrong. So I actually tried thinking. 

    "Pssttt. Hey." I slowly shifted my head to see the girl to my right. Her notebook was opened to the exact part I needed. I turned a page in my blank notebook to pretend to be reading from my notebook. My eyes sneakily went back and forth while reading. 

    "Slope-intercept is an algebraic equation in which each term is a constant or a product of the constant"

    "Thank you. That is correct." Mr. Bullard said while nodding.

I looked back over to the girl and smiled. She smiled right back. 

    "Brrrrriiiinnnngggg" 

The bell. 

I gathered my things and stood up. I went through the door totally forgetting about the event earlier this class. I looked around to find the girl who helped me at her locker to my left. I walked over and tapped her shoulder. She instantly turned around. 

    "Oh hey."

    "I just wanted to say thanks."

    "Oh yeah. No problem."

    "So wait. What's your name again?"

    "It's uhhh... Bubs."

    "Oh thanks."

That's a different name. Oh well. 

By this time, the hallways were almost empty. 

    "Connor! Bubs! I expect more from you! Get to class!" Mr. Gus. One of the two science teachers. 

I looked in Mr. Gus' direction and ecknowledged him with a nod. 

    "Well see yah."

    "Bye." Bubs said with a slight smile. 

I walked to my right into Mrs. Santana's room. I was her teachers aid. I thought some more. 

Bubs is really nice. She's got that shiny brown hair that naturally falls to her shoulders. Her brown eyes match with her hair. I just like her. 

I walked into Mrs. Santana's door and she greeted me with a smile. 

    "How's a going?" 

    "Ahh fine. There's just a lot on my mind I guess..."

Sofie. Oh my goodness. I was gonna go check on her in the passing time. I totally forgot. 

    "Like what would you say?" 

    "Ahhh... just homework." I said obviously lieing. I set my stuff down on the computer desk on the edge of the room.

Mrs. Santana ignored the statement and handed me a stack of papers.

    "Sorry but grading calls!"

I smiled and started grading mindlessly. I thought about everything at once. 

Sofie's POV 

I woke up in my small single bed. Goodness. I wiggled my toes once more. Feeling. I went back into a deep sleep. 

    *    *    * 

*I opened my eyes to find a pool of water. Like a literal pool. With those lanes in it. I looked around to find myself at the outside pool by the high school. It's a perfect day with absolutely no clouds in the sky. No wind either. I looked down. My stomach jumped. I was on the lifeguard stand. 

    "Hey! You watching or what?" 

I looked to my left to find Connor yelling at me from the diving board slightly to my left. In swimming trunks. Shirtless. Woah. 

Once he realized I was looking, he ran off the edge of the board and did a professional front flip and slid into the water. He's good at that. The place was empty except for him and me. 

Connor started to swim through the silent water towards me. Faster than anybody I've seen. That's crazy. He set his elbows on the edge of the pool ran his fingers through his perfect hair. 

    "Come down here!" 

I laughed and slowly got off of the lifeguard stand. I was finally on the ground. I turned around and walked towards the spot where Connor was. I knelled down to get closer to him. 

I screacked. 

    "Tricked yahhhh!" Connor yelled as my body hit the luke-warm pool water. I still had my jeans and shirt on. 

    "You stink!" I yelled saying my first words in about 5 minutes. I splashed him with the most power I could. 

    "Not fair!" He exclaimed running/swimming towards me at full speed. With no time to flinched, He grabbed me from behide and pulled me into his warm body. I could feel his bare skin moving up and down. Simply breathing. He had his hand behide my back holding me up. He was slightly towering over me. My soaked hair barely touched the water. I couldn't help myself from breaking out laughing. 

"Whattt?" Connor said in his best girly voice.

"You're just so silly." I said still giggling.

Before anything, Connor closed into my nose. My nose? Yeah. Connor lightly touched his lips to my nose. I could feel my face turn a dark crimson. A water rocket hit my face. 

"Bah!" Connor yelled swimming away.*

    *    *    *

"Sofie! Wake your butt up!" 

I saw my mother over me just about to hit me. I sighed. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think that's the longest one yet. :D Woo! Thanks!