You chuckle and placed a hand on your chest, "My, I'm flattered Prince Heinley. but I'll only accept if you give me a very generous amount of payment and that I only deal with the ones far from populated places."

The prince raises an eyebrow at your second request, "Why away from the city? Don't you want recognition for your oh-so heroic deeds?" he grows more confused at the grin that displaces on your lips and feels a chill run up his spine when he sees a glint in your eyes. "I have my own personal reason, Prince Heinley."

His throat pushes out a breathless chuckle, "I'm not sure if I should be declaring a war for your threat or not."

"My goodness, I'm not threatening you. When have I said such things that would suggest I was threatening you?" you question, almost in a mocking tone.

"Well, is our deal sealed?" you switch topics, eyes relaxing back into more friendly tones. It surprised him how easily you could switch certain emotions on and off.

"well, I suppose so if that's the only way to get you to accept it." he sighs, eyebrows curving with feigned annoyance as his shoulders raised to a shrug. He truly didn't mind, all he wanted to know was your reasonings, but he was only answered with what he well-knows was a threat. Not once did he ever predict that he, the Western Kingdom's king-to-be, would be threatened.

"Alright, deal is sealed. Now off you go. We have nothing else to talk about. Goodbye." you quickly say, pushing him out of the chair as he makes a noise of surprise.

Once the doors to the balcony open, he quickly turns into a bird, knowing that if he stays human for a little longer, the wind would blow away the only clothing that covered his body. The only people he'd allow to see him naked would be his own family and the Empress of the Eastern kingdom.

You chuckle at the sight of him hurriedly flying away.

"Oh, my. Is that Queen?"

"I think it is."

"He came from Lady ( Y/n )'s room, it seems."

You flinch at the murmurs that come from the balcony next door. Navier's room to be more precise. "No worries! Queen's owner's cousin just sent me a love letter with ecstatic approval!" you quickly lie, worried that it would cause unnecessary misunderstanding. You'd have to apologize to Mckenna if your lie ever causes more trouble than it should.

You weren't even sure if Navier knew who Queen's "owner" was. (much less know who Queen himself actually was.)

The ladies-In-Waiting squealed, excitedly telling the blonde about what you said. 'Lady ( y/n ) has finally found a lover!'

You feel a sweat dribble down your chin at their reactions, not expecting it. Sure, it had been a long time since you've found a new lover, but you're sure it wasn't that long ago...right?

"Congratulations, ( y/n ). I'm happy to see that you've finally gotten over that knight from when we were 10." she teases, referring to the time when you'd had a crush on one of the knights that often guarded the entrance to the courtyard.

You frown childishly and cross your arms, "C'mon Navier I was a kid!" you whine, feeling embarassment rising to your cheeks in the form of a red hue. She laughs, apologizing without much genuine guilt.

------------------------------------------------------

It was time for the dinner with other imperial nobles, the sky gently cradled the moon as it's comforting glow illuminated the earth.

Things were going smoothly, they had picked out a proper dress that would suit you well and would most likely attract the most attention.

After all, you were still well liked by men and women despite your image of acting irrationally. And if we're being truthful, it did inflate your ego quite a bit.

"Are you ready to go, Lady ( y/n )?"

You turn away from the mirror, nodding at the maid who turned red at the smirk tugging at your lips, "Yes. shall we go?"

She nods bashfully, immediately turning towards the hall and began walking to the room where the dinner would take place. If you'd remembered correctly, you would be the last to arrive.

The best shall be saved for last.

You could imagine Navier glaring holes into your head when you arrive.

It doesn't take long before you reach the dining room, the atmosphere awkward and stiff. the maid quickly leaves before you could bid her goodbye. Perhaps she knew you would tease her.

You take the empty seat beside archduke Kaufman, smiling widely when he turns to you with a small smile, greeting you with a court nod. You greet him with one exchange, mentally preparing to be in your best behavior.

Well, for now at least.

If the silver haired mistress were to disrespect Navier, you'd have to bite her back whether anyone likes it or not.

Although you weren't the type to stir up much drama, boredom was a feeling that would eventually drive the human mind to act irrationally, and frankly, you were bored with how quiet and tense it was. Sure it was awkward between Heinley, Sovieshu, and Rashta, but they weren't really doing anything besides bark at each other.

"You're being very disrespectful, Prince Heinley!" Sovieshu slam the glass of wine in his hands, the liquor spilling out of the glass and onto his hands. The room grows even colder, the tension thickening on itself. The other nobles, including yourself, turn towards the emperor of the eastern empire, whose glaring at the prince of the western empire with irritated eyes.

"What's disrespectful about pointing out her mistakes? She said she's the recipient of my letters, but she doesn't seem to know the half of it. If she was impersonating my lady, isn't it only natural that i'd try to protect my lady's honor? Oh, although my pen pal might be a gentleman instead of a lady." there's a pause as Heinley turns towards Rashta, an irritate look in his eyes, "I'm feeling terribly offended by your servant and by lady Rashta. Are you slighting the Western Kingdom, or me?"

"Rashta clearly told you that she had momentarily gotten the contents of the letters mixed up." Sovieshu insists, desperate to defend his one and only mistress. Sometimes, you'd feel pity for his blindness and most of the time, annoyance for his foolishness. He was a better version of himself when he was 19, more rational and doesn't go whoring around with women he finds in the forest.

The Western Prince leans on his chair, folding his hands behind his head in a relaxed manner, "and I clearly said that it's bizarre that my pen pal would get over half of the letters' contents confused."

"Prince Heinley!" The emperor roars, eyes squinting in a glare.

The blonde doesn't back down despite Sovieshu's anger and only dares the ravenette for more when he stands from his chair, "Everyone, Am I the strange one here? Yesterday, lady Rashta here said herself that she was the recipient of my letters and I trusted her words without an inkling of suspicion because I thought a distinguished lady such as herself wouldn't lie. And as Princess Circle put it, I treated her as sweetly as a cream puff."

Heinley glances to your direction for a moment before swiftly looking away. Did he want you to say something now? But the timing isn't quite right yet.

"...you're so mean.." a petite voice sobs.