the lastborn's departure

Start from the beginning

"Oh, you are going to pay," James shook his head. He then pulled Holly to his embrace and kept kissing her head.

"That is not a bad payback," said Holly, still laughing.

"You're lucky I love you," James ruffled the young girl's hair.

"Now her hair is all messy, James," Lily scolded her husband and immediately tidied up the young girl's hair.

"It's okay, Flower," Holly grinned widely.

"You are incredibly happy aren't you," Lily smiled at her.

"I am sad actually," Holly huffed.

"Why Holls?" Harry looked at his rearview mirror to look at his daughter.

"I'm going to miss everyone," Holly sighed.

"Oh you will," said James, making Lily send a glare at him though he ignored it. "But you will make a lot of memories there. You'll learn tons too, you love learning right?"

Holly nodded.

"It may be hard the first few weeks but once you adjusted, you'll love it Holls. In the nicest way possible, sometimes you even forget about your life at home because of how much you're having fun there," James added.

"I don't want to forget mum and dad," Holly shook her head vigorously, making everyone chuckle.

Zoia turned her body around to look at her daughter and said, "That's not what Prongs meant, honey. What he meant is that you'll feel like you're living in the moment. A feeling of happiness where it feels like the world stopped for a moment except you and your moment."

Holly nodded in understanding.

"I'll never forget you and dad," said Holly firmly.

"I sure hope you don't Hollycopter," Harry joked.

"I'm not Acacia."

Everyone was silent for a while until Lily decided to speak. "Acacia doesn't forget her parents, Holly."

"Yes, she does. She forgets everyone."

"Acacia needs time for herself now but once she's ready, she'll come back Holly," said Lily softly as she tucked Holly's hair behind her ear.

Holly shook her head and said, "I don't want her back."

"Don't say that Holly," said Zoia with a saddened expression.

Zoia never thought in her life that one of her children will have a strained relationship with their family but life does work mysteriously. Sometimes Zoia even tried to recall the things she did when she raised her children. Is there some way where she did wrong in one of those moments that made Acacia act this way?

The nights where she cried herself to sleep were uncountable ever since Acacia's departure.

Not only that she was saddened by how her relationship with her daughter has become, but worries also wouldn't leave her body.

Zoia loathes Nicholas.

The way he talked to her daughter starting their sixth year is sickening. Zoia couldn't bear to hear all the things he said to Acacia when he's angry — and he's angry a lot.

Zoia could only pray that Acacia's okay. 

Thankfully, Acacia still talks to Phoenix which is how Zoia and Harry kept track of their daughter because she even distanced herself from Kayla, Rose, and Hugo.

"I'm going to sleep," Holly immediately rested her head on Lily's shoulder, closing her eyes shut.

"Holly, you can't say that about your sister. Please don't say that about your sister," Zoia pleaded. However, Holly kept pretending to sleep, not showing any signs to reply to her mother.