the lastborn's departure

Start from the beginning

"Holls-"

"Acacia never even sends me any letters anymore, mum," Holly replied gloomily. "Does she hate me?"

"She doesn't hate you, Holly, that is absurd," Zoia put her fingers on Holly's chin, making the young girl face her mother. "I'll remind her to send you letters."

Holly's face immediately shifted into anger. She hastily shook her head and said, "No."

"Holls, it's ok-"

"No." Holly cut her mother off as she looked away to stare at her food instead. "I don't want any letters from Acacia."

"Oh Holly, wait a minute, I got something for you last night," said Kenji, immediately trying to cheer the girl up when he saw how furious she looked, a very rare sight coming from the young girl. He then left the table and came back with a paper bag in his hand. "Here you go."

Holly's face shifted back into excitement as she gladly took Kenji's gift.

"What is this?" Holly tilted her head at the badge in her hand.

"It's a Holly plant badge. It's you Holls," Kenji smiled at the young girl.

Holly's smile turned even wider. She immediately left her chair to give Kenji her Holly hug — that's what she named her hug. A special hug she said.

"Thank you," Holly gave Kenji a toothy grin.

"You're welcome," Kenji replied, putting his thumb up. Holly immediately raised her thumb and put her thumb to Kenji's thumb, a thing they made. The thumb clap Holly invented.

"I was about to give my gift later but now I feel threatened," James huffed.

Holly walked towards James' seat and asked, "What do you have for me, Prongs?"

"The usual," James smirked, grabbing something from his pocket.

"Dungbomb!" Holly beamed, gratefully accepting the gift.

"Make me proud, Hollycopter," James ruffled her hair.

"I will," Holly stood straight up while putting her hands on her hips, doing the supergirl pose.

Once everyone finished eating and took endless pictures, they all drove to the station with James and Lily in Harry's car while Phoenix and Kenji were using their car.

Holly couldn't stop singing her favorite songs, having her concert in the car throughout the ride.

"She actually can sing you know," Harry said to Zoia with Holly singing in the background who's sitting in between her grandparents.

"She did take singing lessons, Harry. I sure hope she can sing," Zoia chuckled.

"I'm willing to bet she's going to join the frog choir later," Harry smirked though his eyes were still trained on the road.

"I want to see her with the frog choir," Zoia smiled. "If she joined them, I hope we're allowed to see her first performance."

"Yeah," Harry nodded, smiling to himself.

"C'mon Flower, sing with me!" Holly beamed, encouraging her grandmother to join her.

"I don't know this song, Holly," Lily chuckled. "And I can't sing."

"You sing just fine, mum," said Harry. "Unlike dad."

"Hey! I took offense to that!"

"Oh prongs," Holly giggled.

"Are you laughing at me, young lady?" James asked incredulously, pretending to be offended.

"Yes," Holly giggled even more.