Tale 8

Tale 8
Tomes, Tea and Coffee

Primrose owns a small cafe called Tomes, Tea and Coffee Cafe. At first she thought of using the name of the novel [Tea and Roses], but changed her mind since she’s trying to escape from her fate as the heroine of the novel [Tea and Roses].

Anyway, the cafe have three menus namely: Beverages, Sandwiches and Desserts.

They offer several coffees: Cafe Americano, Cafe Latte, Double Expresso, Caramel Macchiato, and Cappuccino.

They also offer Green tea, Black Tea and Oolong Tea. But their most popular beverage among women is probably the Hot Chocolate.

On their Sandwiches Menu, they offer: Ham and Cheese, Egg Mayo, Peanut butter and Jelly, Tuna Sandwich and Grilled Cheese Sandwich.

And on their Desserts they have: Blueberry Cheesecake, Strawberry Shortcake, Lemon Cheesecake, Lemon Meringue Pie, Custard Cream Apple Pie, Chocolate Muffins, and Chocolate-chip cookies.

Primrose also have a wide-collection of books. They are mostly fantasy, adventure and romance novels that her customers can rent as they relax inside the cafe.

Most of her customers are women who loves the calm and cosy ambiance of the cafe.

The cuteness of the twins also attracts more customers.

Over the past four years, several cafes also opened and tried to copy the Tomes, Tea and Coffee Cafe. But they all failed in the end.

The new bakery across the street is the first real competition over the past four years.

And Primrose is determined not to lost to Titus.

Although it’s tiring, if Titus’ bakery went bankrupt, wouldn’t Titus leave the town?

That would be perfect!

“What cold beverage are we going to introduce, Boss?” Madeline asked excitedly

Alondra and Madeline has been working for Primrose for four years now.

Both of them were orphans who grew up on the streets.

When Primrose first arrived on their small town, they tried to steal her money. But she caught them.

Instead of sending them to jail, Primrose took them in instead.

Since then, the two made an oath to lead an honest life.

Primrose looked at the two, “We’re going to take things slowly, so we will introduced Iced Coffee and Iced Latte first.”

“......” Alondra

“......” Madeline

Boss, aren’t you being too lazy with the new menu?

Aren’t you literally just going to add ice to our coffee and latte?

Will people even buy that?

“I know what you two are thinking. Like I said, people are naturally curious. They will definitely try our first cold beverages.” Primrose said with her usual poker face

“Well, if Boss says so, then it will definitely happen!” Alondra

“Right, right!” Madeline

Clang!

The door opened and the three automatically said in unison, “Welcome to our cafe!”

“Hmm? How odd, where’s everyone?” Drustan, one of their regulars asked in surprise upon seeing the vacant tables.

Usually, the cafe should be full at this time of the day.

“There’s a new bakery across the street. That’s where everyone is right now.” Madeline

“Really? Your cafe finally have a competitor?” Drustan asked in amusement

“It’s probably only  because of the rumours that the owner of the bakery is a handsome bachelor.” Alondra

“Now, now, stop chitchatting and get back to work.” Primrose interrupted

The two smiled cheekily before they pretended to be busy with work.

“What would you like to order?” Primrose asked Drustan

“The usual.” Drustan answered with a smile

“So it’s Cappuccino and a slice of Cream Custard Apple Pie? Anything else you would like to add?” Primrose

Drustan shook his head with a smile before handing his payment.

Alondra place a slice of the cream apple pie on a plate while Primrose prepare the cappuccino.

Shortly after, Primrose handed a tray with the plate and a cup of cappuccino to Drustan, “Enjoy.”

Drustan and Primrose have known each other for a long time.

Just like her, Drustan is also a mage. He’s a Wind Mage. He’s an old classmate from school.  Although they weren’t close during their youth, they became friends here on this town. (Although they have a dark past due to Primrose accidentally beating him up during a friendly sparring back at the academy.)

He’s not part of the novel so Primrose doesn’t mind befriending him. Besides, Drustan was the one who help her settle down on this small town. He is the only person who knew about her real identity as a noble birth.

“I heard you gave the twins some homework.” Primrose

“Yep, I told them to color some coloring books.” Drustan

Drustan was just an ordinary student back at the academy. He’s an illegitimate son of a baron. And since he’s not interested to fight for the baronship, he left home and now, he’s an ordinary kindergarten teacher on this small town.

“How was the twins? Are they doing okay in class?” Primrose

“More than okay actually. The two are actually very smart. But Nikola is such a troublemaker.” Drustan

Primrose couldn’t agree more. Nikola took after his dad. He inherited her face but not her personality.

“The funny thing is, Nikola doesn’t have affinity for Water Magic. He look just like you, but he wields a different magic.” Drustan chuckled

“I noticed that too. Niclaud is the one who inherited my Water attribute.” Primrose

Niclaud who looks just like his father, was the one who inherited her affinity to the Water element.

And Nikola who looks like her, inherited his father’s affinity to the Fire element.

“By the way, who owns the new bakery? Is it a local?” Drustan asked curiously

“No, it’s a new face. Well, to them he’s a stranger. But not to the two of us. You definitely know the new guy.” Primrose

“Really?” Drustan

Primrose nod her head, “It’s Titus Saros.”

Drustan almost choke on the cappuccino he’s drinking upon hearing the name.

~~~~~~~~

Coffee and RosesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara