Chapter 1.

I'm lying on my bed reading the last sentence of my book for English. Sighing in relief that I'm finally done with the book I got up and put it back in my bag. I grab my phone and head for the kitchen. My mom is making dinner as I walk in; she is a good cook, well to me anyway.

"Hi Hun, Did you finish your homework?" She asked narrowing her eyes at me.

I was quiet for a while and looked away. Then a thought came to me for a good come back. I smiled, "I don't know. Did you do your homework?"

"Don't get smart with me little girl. I am your mother and as your mother I can make your life a living h-"

"No, no, no. Now mother no swearing, it's naughty," I informed wagging my finger side to side. Then we both started laughing.

Oh, how I just love my mother sometimes. We always joke around. She acts more like a friend then a mother. She is not strict at all, maybe a little, but not by much. Dad on the other hand, is very strict.

If I did not get B's or A's he would throw a fit and I would be grounded. If I did not do what I was told or behave, I would be punished. I hated it; sometimes I would wonder why my mom and dad are still together. Their so different, but I guess the saying opposites attract is true.

My mother sat in her chair, watching me curiously. "Hun, are you alright?"

I nodded, "yea, I was just thinking."

"I see. What are you thinking about?"

"It's nothing." I answered, walking to the fridge. I opened it and took out an apple.

"Oh c'mon, you can tell me." My mother pried.

I sighed. "Fine, I was thinking how you and dad are so different and yet you guys are still together."

"It's because we love each other and nothing, not even being different will change that," she said smiling. I couldn't help but smile and hug her.

*****

After dinner, I went up to my room and got ready for bed. Unfortunately, I had school tomorrow and I had to face being teased...again.

I'm not really popular you could say, I'm just the opposite. I've been being teased all my life. The sad part about my life is I'm sixteen and I've never had a boyfriend or my first kiss. Pathetic, I know but hey, it's not my fault.

This year I'm a senior and my goal is to get my first kiss before graduation. Hopefully it won't be too hard, then again, no one likes me. To my peers I'm a freak, a nerd and an outcast. I want  that all to change. My senior year needs to be perfect.

I sighed. Maybe this year will be like all the rest. Friendless, kissless and dateless. Anyway right now, I'd rather sleep then think about any of this and that's just what I'll do.

I took my glasses off and put them on my nightstand. Then I slid under the covers and quickly fell asleep. 

--The Next Day--

I woke up to the sound of music. I was way to tired to get up, so I listened to the song, which was "Fireworks" by Katy Perry. I sang the song in my head.

Eventually I got up and started to get dressed. As I went over to my closet, I pulled out a purple, low cut tee and white skinnies. I put those on and then went to the bathroom to brush my hair and put makeup on. I glanced at myself one more time before rushing to the kitchen.

When I enter the kitchen, my dad is drinking coffee and reading the newspaper. I chuckled, who reads the newspaper anymore? I skipped over to the fridge.