~2~

Yes, Bakugou is going to have long hair for a portion of this book. From what I've gathered from only watching the movies, the wolves in the tribe cut their hair when they start shifting, so yeah he's gonna have long hair until that happens.

In the driveway was an old looking orange truck. My dad was talking to a woman with short blonde hair. Standing next to them and looking like he'd rather be just about anywhere else, was a boy, probably around my age, with the same blond hair as the woman, but his seemed to go all the way down his back.

When I stepped outside, all three of them looked towards me. The woman, and who I assume is her son, had sharp red eyes. The boy had a scowl on his face, but his mother was smiling broadly at me.

"Izuku, right? Wow, you sure have grown." She said, walking over to me and patting the top of my head. "I don't suppose you remember me at all, huh?"

I just awkwardly smiled, shrugging at her. I really didn't remember her, but that's to be expected, seeing as I barely remember my father.

"What about Katsuki?" She asked, nodding her head to the boy next to her, who had finally dropped the smile, but now just seemed bored as he looked me over. "You two were pretty close as kids."

I studied him for a few seconds. There was a vaguely familiar, almost warm, feeling I got from him. Yeah, I definitely knew the kid.

"Kacchan?"

"Of fucking course that's what you remember, god damn nerd." Katsuki said with an eye roll, lightly punching my shoulder.

For the first time since I got on the plane to leave Musutafu, I genuinely smiled.

It was short lived though, when his mom smacked the back of his head. "Language, you damn brat!"

"Hag!" He hissed back.

Hisashi smiled broadly at me, probably the first smile I'd seen from him since I was a kid. "Like your welcome home present?" He asked, patting the side of the truck.

"For me?" I asked, pointing from the truck to myself in disbelief.

"Just bought it off, Mitsuki." He said, nodding at the woman.

Katsuki nodded his head at the hood of the truck. "I totally rebuilt the engine."

I smiled widely at him, slightly bouncing on my feet. Yeah the truck had seen better days, but I actually had a car! I had to borrow my mom's back home, and now I had my own.

"This is so great! Thank you." I said to my dad, and in my excitement hugged him tightly. I hadn't even thought about it before my arms were wrapped around him.

He seemed just as shocked by the action, but before he had time to fully realize what I did, I was already pulling away and heading for the cab of the truck.

Katsuki followed, getting in the passenger side. "So you gotta double pump the clutch when you shift, but other than that you're good." He explained.

"This?" I asked.

Katsuki nodded. "Yeah, you got it."

I looked over at the blond, biting my lip as I worked up the courage to ask, "Hey, do you want a ride to school or something?"

Katsuki moved his hair over one shoulder. "I actually go to school on the reservation."

"Oh." I mumbled awkwardly. "That sucks, it would have been nice to know at least one person."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When the first day of school arrived, I drove myself. I, remarkably, found an empty spot at the very front, which is really weird because I was almost late so one would assume that all the front row parking would be taken but I guess now. (yes I do have a lot of strong feelings about this scene)