Rachel and I hold hands as we walk to her old room. Many thoughts ran through my mind and a mixture of emotions came into my heart. Rachel noticed and squeezed my hand, letting me know I'm safe. I squeezed it back, giving her the same gesture.

Sister Catherine opened the door to the bedroom and we looked around, still holding hands. It was a cute room, perfect for a child to rest in.

"Truth be told, we haven't had much call for this room of late. It's a bit neglected, I'm sorry to say." Sister Catherine tells Rachel.

Rachel and I walk up to a shelf and she grabs a doll that was on top of it, letting go of my hand in the process. She had a look of joy on her face, as if she remembered the doll.

"Welcome home, Rachel." Sister Catherine said.

Rachel looked up from the doll and gave the nun a smile and a chuckle, and the two of us continued looking through the room at all of the baby stuff. We were goofing around a little bit and just having a lot of fun.

"I have a bad feeling about Sister Catherine. I don't know what it is, but I just don't trust her." I tell Rachel.

"What do you mean?" She asks.

"I- I don't know, I feel like she wants to do something bad I just don't kno-"

Rachel cuts me off. "Look, don't ruin this for me please. This is how I'm gonna get answers about me and my family, I can't pass this up." She says. "But I promise you that I will be careful, if that puts you at ease."

"A bit, thank you Rach." I say, grabbing her hand.

"You're welcome, Em." She smiles.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

Kory decided to bring us to a roller rink, and I was beyond excited. I loved to roller skate, ever since I was little; I haven't done it for years, though.

Rachel and I were sat at a booth eating food. I was beside her munching on fries, as was she. Kory walked back over to us after doing whatever the fuck it was she needed to do.

"You should try some." Rachel tells her.

"Pass. You guys gonna be long with those?" Kory asks, looking around.

"We ordered burgers, too." Rachel said, eating a fry.

Kory sighed and sat on the other side of the booth, quietly looking at the both of us and twiddling her fingers. She finally decided to speak up.

"That cop you told me about in Detroit..."

"Yeah, Dick. What about him?" Rachel asked.

"He's not your girls' father, is he?" She asks.

I choke on my drink at this. "Oh god, no. He's my brother." I tell her.

"Yeah, no. He was just a cop who was trying... It doesn't matter. He didn't really wanna help us, anyway." Rachel tells her.

"Do you know anything about your real father?" Kory asked Rachel.

"Not much, my mom... Melissa, she never talked about him. I mean, like, not ever." She told her.

Kory looks around, pushing her lips together. Her gaze locks onto the music speakers and she sighs.