chapter 11 ~ 'bed and breakfast'

Start from the beginning

I put the jacket over the both of us and Mattheo moves closer towards me.

We continue walking around and I grow tired.

"Are we going to find some shelter... or what?"

"Yeah, yeah. I'll book a hotel or something." He sighs.

"I have no money." I mutter.

He rolls his eyes and looks at me, "Well I do."

"Of course you do Toddy boy." I laugh as we approach a cozy looking bed and breakfast on the corner of the block.

"This looks nice." I smile as we enter.

I take the jacket off of us and run my hands through my wet hair. I hate rain.

We both approach the counter and a nice lady smiles at us.

"What can I get for you?" She says with a strong London accent.

"A room for two please." I smile.

"Single or double?" She raises a brow.

"Double." Me and Mattheo immediately say in unison, glancing at each other in awkwardness.

"Well I'm sorry to tell you but all the doubles have been taken. Would a single suffice?" She smiles.

"Yeah, he'll just sleep on the floor."

Mattheo sends me a glare and protests, "I'm the one paying so I'm the one who gets the bed."

"God, what happened to your manly charms?" I roll my eyes and then awkwardly smile at the counter lady.

"A single will do." Mattheo coldly says, handing over the money.

She hands us our keys and we finally find our room. I take a look around and immediately appreciate the fireplace, I'm super cold right now and the heat is doing me wonders.

I place my soggy jacket on a hook and sit by the fire, warming myself up. Mattheo just stands there, looking around at the room we've been given.

The fire does heat me up but I am not sleeping in these soggy clothes. Wet leggings, especially, is extremely uncomfortable.

"Turn around." I tell Mattheo.

"Why?"

"I need to take my clothes off."

"Woah, what are you trying to do Esmeray?" Mattheo raises a brow.

"Ugh, not like that you donkey. My clothes are soaking wet as you can see and they need to dry so please do turn around."

"Fine." He raises his hands in surrender and turns around.

I take my top of and find it difficult to take my leggings off. When they're wet they can be a nuisance.

"What's taking you so long?"

I look up at him and notice he's peaking.

"Hey! You're looking!"

"And? You're taking an awfully long time."

"Give me a blanket."

He sighs and hands me a fluffy white blanket and I wrap myself in it. I hang my clothes above the fireplace to dry overnight and when I turn around, I find Mattheo. Shirtless... and trouserless, leaving him in boxers only.

"What the fuck!?" I exclaim, covering my eyes.

It was quite a sight for sore eyes but I ain't giving him the satisfaction of me looking.