𝟓

"SO SHE asked you about Potions work? That's understandable" Lalaine and Kalynn ended up not speaking about the encounter the latter had with Lily Evans at dinner, rather discussing it later on in the night.

"Yeah, she's rather sweet, just unfortunate she has an idiot as a partner" Kalynn did find James Potter to be rather funny, but his constant pining over Lily was rather tragic.

"He's smart as well, from what I've heard" Lalaine spoke as she went down towards the Kitchens, the room next to the Hufflepuff Common Room. The two wanted to bring a bit of food back to their room seeing as they both ended up being late for dinner.

"Good evening Ditz" Kalynn spoke to one of the house elves, a grin appearing on Kalynn's face.

"Miss Withers and Miss Kelly have returned! What can I get for you tonight?" she asked, running over to the two girls excitedly.

"No need to call us Miss you should know that by now. And could I possibly get some chocolate chip cookies? I had some over the summer and oh my god they were the best tasting things apart from the Hogwarts cooking"

Lalaine did this every summer it seemed, she would try something every time and then would want it for the first few weeks of the next term.

"Of course Miss" Ditz ran off to the group of other house elves, quickly starting to make Lalaine's request. Kalynn was contempt with whatever her friend wanted, they would end up sharing it anyways.

"But I'm glad you actually are starting to talk to new people, even if it is only over small things" Lalaine finished her previous point from before just as Ditz approached with a platter of cookies for the girls.

"I'm glad I am too. Of course it's lovely talking to you, Ajax and Madeleine but you all have your separate friends and I would want some other people to talk to"

Kalynn smiled down at the house elf in front of her before saying "I'll see you soon Ditz!" and walking towards the door, taking the platter out of cookies out of her friends hands, scared of her occasional clumsy tendencies coming out.

But she shouldn't have really cared about that, because two steps out of the room and the plate went crashing to the floor.

"AND WHY did I find you in the Kitchens?"

Kalynn was probably fucked. Seeing as Lalaine had managed to escape with the remaining plate of cookies, leaving Kalynn to deal with the consequences by herself.

"I don't know Remus, it's almost like I was hungry" she laughed lightly in front of the boy, just hoping that he wasn't going to take off that many House Points off.

With Amos Diggory as the Head Boy that year, it was almost like if anyone in Hufflepuff messed up they were doing the worst crime possible.

"Well, it's after hours, and I'm a prefect" Remus was trying to act as if he was in any way going to give Kalynn any form of punishment, for the amount of times he had snuck out he wasn't going to reprimand the girl.

And anyways, if he could have some company for a short amount of time, he would take it.

"Please Remus, I'll do anything" Kalynn was desperate to not get a lecture off of Amos.

"Follow me for one round around the castle, me and Lily both took half the castle to look over and I was getting quite lonely" Remus offered, Kalynn was overly relieved by the offer.

"I won't get any House Points off?" Kalynn was still slightly shocked, to her knowledge Prefects were meant to be mean and harsh.

"Why would you? Peter constantly comes down here and gets food for me and my friends, I don't see why you should have any removed" Remus said as he headed along the corridor, pausing for Kalynn to reach up.

"Well that's fair, but I do have to ask you something" Kalynn walked along next to Remus, the heels on her shoes clicking along on the floor.

"Go ahead" he smiled as the girl spun around as she walked in the corridor, it was never this empty and the stars shining in just made it seem sort of surreal.

"What's your favourite Beatles song? Like I know you know Here Comes the Sun, but if you knew anything else that would be so cool" Kalynn really just wanted someone else to relate to, most of her friends weren't immersed in the muggle world at all so this was rather interesting.

"I like In My Life, it's rather sweet in a way" Remus had only listened to a short list of Beatles songs, but somehow that was the perfect answer for Kalynn to hear.

"I wouldn't expect nothing different from you" Kalynn looked up to the boy, his face being lit up slightly by the glistening sliver of the moonlight.

"And what is that meant to mean?" Remus laughed lightly and did that head tilt thing which the adorable little lost puppies did.

"You're a sweet person, from what I can tell you care a lot for your friends and you just seem nice" Kalynn smiled up at the boy as she kept walking down the hall, a new found energy within her.

ayo :P
remember you're loved
- beano the beloved